link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> "The best-laid plans... | Priester Photography

"The best-laid plans...

of mice and men often go awry."
Despite the fact that we didn't really have any "best-laid plans" (in fact it was sort of last minute) this session didn't go awry, but actually went rather smoothly.

Unless you count the part where the chair I was standing on went into a hole in the field and I rolled, very ungracefully, into said field in a somewhat Matrix-like manner while managing to protect my precious baby (camera). 

I guess that  series of events would equal "awry".
But no one was hurt.  Unless you count the chair, which suffered a broken leg...he'll have to be put down.
The point of this post was not to divulge my inability to do a session without making a complete idiot out of myself...we all know this already. 

Wait.  Was there a point to this post?
Ah.  Yes...Robert Burns.  The poet.

He penned that poetic little phrase..."The best-laid plans of mice and men".

It happens to be another one of those little things that I utter quite often not knowing from whence it came.

Whence?

Yes.  Whence...I'm feeling oddly poetic this evening.  Maybe it's the sunset.
Turns out that my thinking was accurate.  It means that no matter how carefully you plan, something can (and in my case probably will) go wrong.

So if someone says to you, "Drat.  My pet gorilla escaped and is running rampant in the village even though I double barred the door."

You could shrug your shoulders and say, "Ah, well, you know...the best-laid plans of mice and men..."

I doubt that ever happens but you get the idea.

It also happens to be what the title of the book "Of Mice and Men" was taken from.  If you haven't read it (or watched the movie) you should, and if you'd like to hear a good impersonation
of Lennie saying, "George, can I pet the rabbit, George?" then you should see my brother.

Aren't you glad you have me around to keep you informed?
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Cureton Maternity".

Up next:  More wedding...as promised earlier.

1 comments:

WSMIL said...

I will never look at your brother in the same way again, thanks or not:)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .