link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Introducing Pokey... | Priester Photography

Introducing Pokey...

If you don't know who they are...well...you should.
I found myself, yet again, whiling away the evening at the fine Bauhaus Kaffee establishment due to the fine folks of Unique Ink...
and once again being entertained by "Pokey Lafarge and The South City Three".
One word.
A M A Z I N G!
I simply adore the sounds they create...it's foot tapping, head nodding music that makes you smile.
How can you not love music like that?
If you don't, there may be something wrong with you.  I'm not saying it's definite, but it's a real possibility. 

You may want to have it checked out.
Aren't you glad I'm watching out for you (and your mental health)?

I thought so.
I'm intrigued by this fine gentleman and his harmonica playing abilities.

I think he may have stopped breathing several times.
Upon watching him (and his throat) closely for some time (we were front row), the friend that was with me decided that playing the harmonica would be a great neck exercise.
I agreed with her and have since decided that it may be the only way that I can lose the double chin that is slowly making itself more manifest on my neck (sorry for the visual).
Well.  It's either that or diet and exercise...and who wants to do that?
Besides, the harmonica sounds like a lot more fun.
Unless I have to make it sound good, in which case I'll stick with my P90X and broccoli and hope for the best.
Moving on...

If you've read my prior Bauhaus Kaffee experiences you know that I'm not a coffee drinker and haven't actually drank anything while attending these various shows.
Until last night.
My girls were with me and they, being the mature 10 and 12 year old seasoned coffee drinkers that they are,  requested one.
I conceded and purchased a white chocolate iced coffee, frappe, frappuccino, thingy.

(I'm sure someone will clear up my confusion on this.)
Regardless of the name it bears, it was yumm-i-licious (based on the tiny little sip that they allowed me to have).
I will be ordering one next time...and who knows...I might actually learn to call it what it really is.
To recap...
Great music.

Great performance.

Great coffee flavored thingy.

Great night.
But wait!

There's more!

"More?" you say.

Yes!  More.

There was yet another band that featured a lovely woman playing a saw.

Yes.

A saw.

As in "Please hand me that saw so I can cut this two by four."   
Have I piqued your interest?

Then stay tuned for the rest of the story and until then feel free to listen to one of my favorites from Pokey.
B

6 comments:

Michelle said...

There is a famous Lady who plays the saw in NYC, and she organizes the annual Musical Saw Festival: www.musicalsawfestival.org
The band you saw with the saw (pardon the pun) - somebody should tell them about the festival because they might want to go play there.

Bumble-Bree said...

You tend to encounter strange things,B........;)

WSMIL said...

Not strange she is just open to new experiences and lacks the closed minded attitude that so many are prone to have. Yes, there is a world beyond your own, explore it and have fun and maybe even learn something (ie: how good coffee thingy's can be:)

PS: favs all have the harmonica in them!

Mariah Sage said...

I love the pictures. I loved seeing them perform! It was so cool. We liked them so much that we bought their cd, which is totally awesome. If they come back to this area I definitely recommend going to see them, I know I will be. :)

JVick said...

I have recently (after the 3rd child and needed assistance staying awake) been converted to a coffee drinker by the coffee-flavored-frappe-capuchino-frapachino-yummy-flavored drink. Be carefull. It's all downhill from there. Now- I'm dependent on coffee opening my eyes. I now make my own drinks, because paying $5 every morning for the delicious yumminess that comes with the iced drinks gets out of hand when u have to have one every morning.
Good pics!! Enjoyed the commentary as well. :)

Bell Lee Button said...

AWWWWW a bowtie how cute!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .