link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> First of all... | Priester Photography

First of all...

I would like to state for the record that I think this is the cutest family picture I have ever taken.

Seriously.

This is how they should all be done.

Move over black backgrounds and traditional poses....hello goofy hats and mustaches on sticks!
One other thing...these might just be the cutest guys ever.  How contagious are those smiles?...and I love their take on the booth.

Now...let's get down to business.

We took my new pvc pipe booth on its first run and here's what we've discovered (in no particular order)...

1.  The pvc pipes go together (correctly) only ONE way.  They should probably be labeled for ease of construction.

2.  I need a portable steamer for my red curtains.  Pronto.

3.  I need more props and have started a list.  ASAP

4.  I need a lighweight mirror for people to "check" their look.  QLAB (Quick like a bunny).

5.  I need a better box/basket/containing device for all the props and a better way to display them.

6.  I need a sign designating it as the portable photo booth device that it is.

7.  It needs a name...and no one is getting the name I picked (The John Wilkes), so I'm open to suggestions.

8.  This was too much fun.  Seriously.  I could shoot in this booth all day.

Here's what I need from you:

I would like to be consistent with the way I edit the booth shots...so below is what I came up with while editing these. 

Obviously I can edit the shots in any manner that the client wishes later, but for the video and original presentation of the shots I want them all to be the same....so....
this is the edit I came up with....↑
this is pretty much a standard out of camera shot...↑
and this is obviously black and white. ↑

In your humble opinion...which looks best.  And remember that this will be an across the board type deal, so I need to know what would look best on all the shots from now on. 

I favor the first one because I think it looks more photo booth-ish (whatever that means).

Feel free to shout out, or quietly comment, on your choice (opinion).

In the meantime...here are the rest of the booth shots from the wedding with some crazy fun music...

I dare you not to smile while viewing this.

Double dog dare you.
B

*Disclaimer--I may or may not use any suggestions that you may or may not give me.

You can also see all of the photobooth shots here under "Booth" without music.

Up next:  The half-dressed cowboy I promised.

7 comments:

Misty Grindstaff Hennen said...

You have an amazing gift Brandi. It is truly art. It has to be an amazing feeling knowing that these families are going to treasure your work for decades. I really enjoy seeing what great new ideas you've come up with next. Looking forward to your next installment.

Carolyn Caplinger said...

You should hit a store that sells old vintage clothes and get some more old style hats with feathers for women.

And as far as something to carry the props in. The biggest suitcase you can find that is on rollers would be great. It would help with portability.

As far as the curtains you might try putting them in a garment bag. That way they are not folded up quite as much. And then carry a bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release if you can find a portable steamer.

Bumble-Bree said...

#1! #1! #1! Hehe, I like number one. It's more photo boothy. Boothy booth-ish, you know what I mean.

Bell Lee Button said...

I like #3 its black and white. And maybe its just me but i looooooovvvveeee vintage. So i guess that's my quick pick (hehe rhyme)But that's the one i choose. If i were your client i would want a black and white.

SeƱor Taco said...

that's a huge photo booth.

WSMIL said...

One if we are going for the John Wilkes look and yes I can see why some (many) don't get it. How about Johnny (as in Johnny on the spot and John Wilkes). And my steamer is portable and at your disposal:)

Niki said...

cute!!!!! i love the potography.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .