link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Miss August | Priester Photography

Miss August



in the cancer survivor calendar.

These are the shots that didn't make the calendar.

Though this one was my favorite because it's so glowy (I realize that's not a word...I'm okay with it).


I hope The Calendar Girls did well on selling them this weekend.
You better prepare yourselves too, because we're going to be making another calendar for next year.

And I'll have more than two weeks to create six original images of six different people and edit them...in case you weren't aware, those were the circumstances in which this current calendar was made.
I'm not complaining...just pointing out that this next one should be ten times better because we'll have more time to conjure up ideas and then execute them.

Are you in anticipation?
You should be.

Thank you Miss August, for graciously dealing with the frigid air, my craziness and the out-of-control balloons.

On a totally unrelated note:

I have been almost killed (or perhaps just seriously injured) by psychotic drivers twice in the last four days.

The first incident occurred while taking my kids to school.  A truck that looked as if it should be driven by a big, burly, axe-wielding, Paul Bunyan-like man  that was instead driven by a scrawny, pimple-faced (I'm assuming) high school student, pulled directly out in front of me causing me to throw on the brakes. 

London was not happy about this, since I also, in one fluid movement, threw my hand across his chest and grabbed his shirt to keep him from flying out the window.  I'm sure it's because in that split second I doubted the ability of the nylon webbing seatbelt material designed to restrain a 300 pound man to able to protect my 50 pound son as well as one of my hands attached to his cotton t-shirt.

That makes perfect sense, right?

The second incident occurred today while the kids and I were returning home from the Azalea parade.  A young girl meandered directly in front of me after looking ONE way before pulling into TWO lanes of moving traffic.  There was no time for brake slamming so my only option was to swerve, gun it, honk and hope that she would miss me.

She did...thanks to me.

These events reminded me of this cartoon (not that I think either of the drivers I mentioned are represented here...we all have bad moments behind the wheel...it's called being distracted):

After watching this video, I remembered this one:

I love everything about this cartoon.  It's exactly as I remembered it, and I still want that trailer.

Aren't you glad I share?
B

Up next:  Baby Jackson

3 comments:

Bell Lee Button said...

Awww im sorry you have missed my presence the past like 3 years! Haha JK but...seriously i've been gone. I really like those pictures! They are awesome!

WSMIL said...

I have to say that if these are the ones that DIDN'T make it I can't wait to see the ones that did. These are great! Also it is a striking reminder that cancer affects all ages.

And I don't know why but we always throw our arms across our loved ones in times of vehicular assault! I was reminded recently (because unlike you I don't remember anything) of an incident when I was a teen and an 18 wheeler decided he needed my lane and his, and my friend threw her arm across grandma and I threw my arm across her. Didn't help, and we were fine but the fancy car her grandma let me drive didn't fair as well. Moral of the story, don't let 16 year olds drive your fancy cars! (or avoid 18 wheelers take you pick)

M-a-licious said...

The solar flare rocked! Plus, the vibrancy of the colors on the last ballon pic entranced me. I'm glad you and the munchkins are alright. It's amazing how many close calls there are and the what if's are endless.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .