link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> In March... | Priester Photography

In March...


(yes, that was three months ago...what of it?)


my sister and I went to see Miss Tess and the Bon Ton Parade.

It's not very often that we manage to do something together without kids, what with my three and her one (two if you count her husband).

So it was nice to go listen to good music and smell good coffee. I think she may have even drank the coffee but you know how I feel about actually drinking it. Smelling is all I need.

Until I acquire a taste.


This wonderfully amazing poster was created by Tim Smith.  He's the chap that gets these wonderful concerts together for our fine little community. 

Shiny.
This is Miss Tess.
See?  It even says so on her luggage.


Miss Tess.
and this (I'm assuming) is the Bon Ton Parade.
Do you know what "bon ton" means?
I didn't either.
So I turned to the wonderful world wide web (that would be wwww instead of www) to find out.
I went to this great little website called AWAD (A Word A Day), that I will most likely become addicted to, to get to the bottom of this conundrum.
It turns out that "bon ton" is French and literally means "good tone".
After having heard them play, I would say that they have most assuredly picked a fitting name for themselves.

You can judge for yourselves by going here to listen.  Then you can (and should) buy her music.  I did.
I have to say that I'm a little dissappointed in these images though.  I know they could have been better but it sometimes gets a little disconcerting to be walking around in front of a room full of people that happen to be there to watch a band (not a photographer's rather large behind sashaying around in front of them). I must have lost my bravado that night.
Whatever the reason for my lack of interesting or technically clean shots, I did end up loving this one.

I don't know why, but I just love it.

Love, love, love it.

Did I mention that I love it?
This one isn't half bad either...I love that she's laughing. 

I'll try to pull off some new tricks at the next concert...
which, according to the Bauhaus Kaffee Facebook page, will be on May 28th.

You should come.

I promise to keep my behind from blocking your view.
B



Up next:  Who knows.

3 comments:

WSMIL said...

I love the one of her laughing, and I don't think these are as off as you think they are. But such is genius:) And yes you will become addicted to AWAD my mom (sorry mom (since she is a loyal follower and going to read this)) used to drive me nuts with them:) With the regularity of them, because not all of them are interesting, and yet some of them are a riot!

Just out of curiosity have Taco and Mr. Scary become so impossible with their comments that they are being edited out, or have they just disappeared;)

Bryce said...

I hate it when Meg goes with you cause I don't have anyone to warm my bottle for me....

Bell Lee Button said...

I love her glasses! So cool! And i want a suit case like that. Where does one get something like that?

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .