link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Did you know you could grow carpet? | Priester Photography

Did you know you could grow carpet?

I have been without all three of children for one week. In fact they should be rolling in any minute now from a trip to Gatlinburg with their grandparents.

Did I use my "extra" time to blog?

Obviously not.

To catch up on my reading?

Nope.

I used it to clean. Clean, clean, clean.

I cleaned so much that the tips of my fingers hurt. Seriously. This wasn't just "cleaning house". It was so much more than that. I wiped out every cabinet (throwing away spices I'd hung on to for over 10 years), cleaned behind the stove and scrubbed the grates (hence the sore fingers), wiped down the walls and baseboards, cleaned the trashcans, and pulled out the fridge and cleaned behind it.

Which is wear the carpet comes in. Unbeknownst to me (or my family) we'd been growing a nice plush carpet of dust bunnies congealed with who knows what under the fridge. I was shocked and appalled. I would consider myself a decent housekeeper. How did I not notice this carpet of funkiness before?

I also found something I thought was a rather large rock but turned out to be a petrified potato.

Tell me. How DOES a potato get behind the refrigerator? I have no answer for that question.

What does that have to do with these pictures?
Absolutely nothing.

These are just the last few shots of Mariah and Ashley...
from our day of trashing dresses.
I thought that since this IS a photography blog...
and they probably want to see their pictures,

that I'd post them.

These shots with the fake eyelashes were taken after a whole day of shooting. I was tired. They were tired. It was 11:00 p.m.
And none of us had ever attempted to use fake eyelashes or take photographs of someone wearing them, so considering the obstacles we faced and overcame, I think they look pretty stinkin' cool.


These last few shots were taken by the "other photographer". He doesn't have a name...he just goes by "other photographer".
Okay. He has a name. It's Russell Middleton. We work together on rare occasions...though we mostly just argue about whether Canon or Nikon makes the better camera.

Canon...duh.
I also created his website for him. The link is in the side column if you want to take a peak.

I love this shot! The coloring and angle are awesome.
We're obviously not in heated competition with one another since I'm posting his pictures and creating his website.

Our styles are so different that we can both shoot the same subjects on the same day and get entirely different results (as you can see from the above pictures). That makes it easy for us to get along. That, and the fact that I'm a very patient person.

His work has a definite artsy edge to it and mine is...well...I'm not exactly sure what mine is.

This shot is pretty awesome...Mary Poppins! Come back!
And this one totally rocks! It's called vector art and if you know how it's done then you would totally appreciate the time and effort that was involved in creating it.


You basically select each and every color in the image and then paint it in. See how many colors are in her leg alone? I'm impressed...and I will try this.

Some day.
So my time without children was spent cleaning, working, trying to re-create my website to make it more easily accessible for the general public, and cleaning some more.

Oh, and I did give myself a pedicure with french tips.

I was going to take a picture of my prettified feet and post them for you to see, but there are a lot of weirdos out there...
B

4 comments:

WSMIL said...

Glad you used your time wisely and I thought I would really miss your blog but since I kept hearing your words through your children it wasn't like I thought! As you can tell since I'm just now on here after you just left, ok I'll be honest I was checking how bad Mar was kicking my football loving butt, but I swung by briefly:) And FNL can explain how things get behind the frig. Glad you got things clean in time for the kids to get home and mess up:)

LaVena said...

Before you say: "She has lost her mind".... I tried to posat comments twice and I have been a failure. so I am trying again just to prove I am not crazy.
WOW, to your work.

M-a-licous said...

I like your style better than Russell's. This isn't just bulldog-like loyalty coming out. All of his pictures are at an odd angle. That works for some things but not everything. Thus, put me on the ballet for B.

WSMIL said...

Russell's are obviously a lot of work and talent, however they are edgey and I'm not. I would like to agree with M-a-licous that this isn't bulldog loyalty. His are very difficult to achieve, but not something I'm going to feel comfortable hanging on my wall and living day to day with.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .