link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Meat and Cheese | Priester Photography

Meat and Cheese


When we were kids my mom made these delectable little lunches for herself.
We weren't allowed to have them because they were for her "diet".

The fact that we weren't allowed to have them coupled with the fact that she let us have a bite of one from time to time only heightened our desire to eat them all.
 What were these tantalizing treats?
These magnificent morsels?
 
They were individually packaged ham or beef slices that we wrapped around cheese and microwaved until melty.

 Seriously.

Just call her Betty Crocker.
 I remember the few times that she bought us our own beef and/or ham packages so we could make our own.
 I'm sure it was a sacrifice considering that they cost something like FIFTEEN CENTS a package! 
 We were obviously on a budget.

 Either that or my mother was just trying to deprive us of the finer things in life.
 No matter the reason, I had gotten over my childhood obsession of the tasty meat and cheese rolls...until this afternoon.

I was hungry.

We had no bread, but we had ham.

And cheese.

And a microwave.
Hello, you gorgeous thing you.

Come to momma.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Amos Family".

4 comments:

WSMIL said...

We call them rollups and they are a diabetics way of life:) Enjoy!

JVick said...

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in your hilarious stories- I forget to look at the pics and then have to go back up to the top of the page and start all over cause they are so good! All of them!

Bell Lee Button said...

That is the cutest baby i've ever seen hands down! She is adorable! My favorite is the 5th from the bottom because she reminds me of myself. haha.

Lexie said...

Beautiful!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .