link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> A boy will be a boy. | Priester Photography

A boy will be a boy.


I will preface this post by the following statements:

I like my house clean.

I like it neat and organized.

The cans in my pantry all face the same direction.

I mop my floors at least twice a week.
 I have always wanted my kids rooms to resemble those on HGTV, with the crisply painted walls, the coordinating bed clothes, and a place for every toy.

The fact of the matter is they don't.

At all.

But I'm okay with it because a.) they keep them clean (most of the time) and b.) I don't have to look at them (the rooms not the kids, though I have those days every once in a while).
 However, I do enter their domains from time to time in order to give them a fresh start.

We de-junk, deep clean, and re-organize the chaos and collected mayhem so they can start the process all over again.

It is not an easy task.
 I recently tackled this project with The Boy.

Here are some of the things I discovered along the way:
 A half eaten beef stick still in the wrapper stuck in a tool pouch.

Ropes.  In many sizes.
 The bumper from a woody wagon.

(The toy version.)

A gigantic roach.

(Thankfully a plastic one.)
 Such a great quantity of sticks that I fear my son imagines himself to be a beaver.

A lot of remotes with nothing to control.

37 erasers.
My clown nose (for the photobooth).

A tooth in a tooth chest.

A giant magnet with lots of miscellaneous things attatched to it.

And two pair of handcuffs.


(I know not where these came from.)
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Hendrix Family".

5 comments:

WSMIL said...

Beautiful family. I especially like the one of the couple curled up in the chair.

Of course he has a lot of remotes, he is a boy, and they grow into men and NEED remotes, we mere females never quite understand this need:)

Ashes of Abdication said...

hahaha so true wsmil!!!! n guys think we r complicated!! pssh! haha

WSMIL said...

AofA of course we aren't complicated, we only have one eraser:)

Bell Lee Button said...

This is the thing that is significantly different than the female. Boys collect what they want, put it where they want, and use it when they want. Girls on the other hand seem to think things through they go through this thing in their mind like "Where will i put this? When will i use it? Do i need it?" And yes shoes do belong to the need category. So you are right a boy will be a boy. The girls just have to live with this fact.

Anonymous said...

I find it very telling that a boy will put a partially eaten meat stick in a tool pouch. I grew up with lot's of 'boys' and this is usual.
Like my cleanest 'dirty shirt'. Great family shots!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .