link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> I apologize in advance for the subject matter. | Priester Photography

I apologize in advance for the subject matter.



As I was climbing into bed last night I felt something tickle my neck.

That is not a good feeling when it's dark.

I sat straight up in bed and flipped on the light.

What did I find?

A tick.

Yes.

A nasty, blood sucking, arachnid.

 I tried to grab it but my eyes were still adjusting to the light and I missed.

It disappeared.

I searched my body, my bed and my floor for 20 minutes to no avail.

Then I layed in bed all itchy and every time the ceiling fan blew my hair across my shoulder I had to turn the light on and check for the tick again.
Where did he go!?

As I lay there I wondered why you don't hear of ticks finding their way into orifices of our bodies...except on that one episode of House.

I mean, if I were a tick and I didn't want to be discovered, wouldn't the most logical place to go be in someone's ear, or nose, or belly button?

Um.  Okay.

I've got to go search ebay for a gently used otoscope.
B

5 comments:

WSMIL said...

There on sale at Amazon;) Beautiful bride! Enjoying all the spring wedding colors people are choosing, very pretty!

Gracey said...

LOL I sure hope you find it!

Derek said...

I think we're twins. Seriously.

Bell Lee Button said...

Wow its a good thing you don't live where i do. I've went outside in my backyard before and came back inside with (and i would not kid you about this) probably 500 ticks on me. The bad thing is they are so microscopicly tiny that unless you see them move you can't tell the difference between them and a freckle. Beautiful bride by the way.

Ashley said...

I hate ticks. They freak me out, especially when you can't find them.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .