link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Self Discovery | Priester Photography

Self Discovery

I've discovered some things about myself recently.

I think I may be a procrastinator. I would never have described myself as one. I think of a procrastinator as someone who is always late, never gets the job done and is constantly unorganized. I am none of those things...at least I don't think I am. However, I now think I may be a procrastinator, or something like one. Maybe there's another word to describe me...a less icky word.

I like to be busy. I like to have deadlines. I like the sense of accomplishment I get when I complete something under pressure. It makes me happy because I rose to the challenge, however small or great that challenge may be. What does this say about me?

Here's a small for instance...I've been wanting to do a shoot involving a baker's hat and a rolling pin for several months now. I searched the internet and found little baker's hats for kids that I could buy. I didn't buy one. I waited. I looked at them again. I waited some more. I had a shoot with the cutie patootie in the previous post planned for over a week. Did I buy the hat then? No.

It was the morning of the shoot and I was filtering through the mental file of creative options for the shoot and I thought, "Ooooo. I wish I had a baker's hat. I wonder if Walmart has one". No. Walmart does not have baker's hats. So I decided at 10:00 the morning of the shoot scheduled for 12:30 that I would buy the pattern and MAKE the hat.

So I did.

I haven't sewn in probably eight years but I slapped that hat together like nobody's business. It won't win any awards and I had to seam rip twice, but it worked and it was done in time for the shoot. Plus, it only cost me $8.00. Bargain!

This is the result:





What does this mean? Why do I act this way? I think it's like a rush for me. I'm an adrenaline junkie.

More self-analysis soon...I hope you enjoy the "soul baring". wink wink
B

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .