link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> I'm confused. | Priester Photography

I'm confused.

I was laying in bed last night unable to sleep because I was thinking about how to get my slideshow program to work properly. I then started thinking about my identity. This is how my mind works.

By identity, I mean how other people view me, how I view myself...my identifying characteristics. I've always thought that I had characteristics that define me...make me who I am. These are not amazing things, it might be something simple like the way I hold my hand when I'm thinking. But I'm conscious of those little things and realize that it makes up me...good or bad.

So in my state of dreaming while awake I was thinking of all the times I've seen other people say/do those same things. Was I influenced by them or were they influenced by me? Did I steal their characteristic or did they steal mine?

It doesn't matter either way, but it's a little disconcerting when someone's carrying on a conversation with you and your mind says, "That's exactly how I hold MY hand when I laugh! Am I copying them or are they copying me?!" It just makes it a little hard to pay attention.

I realize that we are all shaped by those around us and we're going to exhibit each other's characteristics from time to time, but I guess I was thinking that there were some things that were just mine.

Is this an identity crisis?

I don't know.

I do know that some days I feel like this...

And some days I feel like this.
And I'm okay with that.
B

1 comments:

Bumble-Bree said...

She is so cute!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .