link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> The Lone Yuppie | Priester Photography

The Lone Yuppie

You guys...something really creepy (and possibly sad) happened during the senior session I had this evening.
 I was shooting in one of my favorite alleyways downtown with this out-of-control very fun senior, his sister and his mother.
 Town was dead.

I mean, "dead" as in not one single car parked on the road and only a stray passing car every 10 minutes or so.

You would think maybe because it was a Sunday evening, but most likely because it's Fredericktown.
 As we were right in the middle of a set a man walked by.

 He was alone.
He was wearing nice jeans and some type of nice shirt, but I don't really remember because I was just noticing his shoes.
They were square toe dress shoes.  

He was obviously not from around here.
And he was carrying a cup of coffee that looked like it came from one of those fancy coffee stores.

As he walked by it was almost as if time stood still as we stared with gaping mouths (at least mine was) while he strolled by glancing into shop windows.

I swear a tumbleweed rolled by directly after him.
 I can't say for sure if it's just how I'm picturing him now, after the fact, but I think he looked like a mix between Mark Ruffalo and Matthew McConaughey.
 He rounded the corner, we all looked at each other with confused faces, shook it off and got back down to the business at hand.
 About ten minutes later as we were crossing the road, my client said, "Um.  He's walking around the courthouse now."
 I snapped my head in the direction of the courthouse and witnessed it for myself.
 He was strolling around the courthouse!

We all looked at each other in shock.

Who IS this man?
 I have three possibilities:

 1.  He is a time traveler who suffered a serious head injury and having just recently regained some of his memory is now trying to pinpoint the exact location of his time traveling machine so he can get back to his loved ones and leave the strange workings of this town behind.
2.  He was on a tour bus bound for a cute, bustling, little historic town.  The bus made a stop in Fredericktown, for a bathroom break.  Everyone else was in the gas station as he awoke from a nap. He thought they had reached their destination and exited the bus to start shopping and was wandering around wondering where all the cobblestone streets were that the brochure talked about.
Or 

3.  He's an actor that is under cover (though not a very good cover if he happens to be Mark Ruffalo or Matthew McConaughey) trying to get a feel for the personalities and dynamics involved in a small town for an upcoming movie he's playing in.  He's confused about where all the people are. (Perhaps at a square dance?)  And he's patiently wandering around the town with his quickly cooling coffee waiting for us all to emerge like the little people in Munchkin Land in the Wizard of Oz.
Oh my gosh you guys!

He might still be out there wandering around!

Someone should go help him.

I think I saw some time machine-looking parts over behind the old depot.
B

PS--Yes, this really happened and yes, this is me poking innocent fun at our little podunk town for its inability to accommodate visiting out-of-towners who are under the impression that businesses should be open at 2:30 on a Sunday afternoon.

You can see the rest of this session here under "Militzer Senior."

1 comments:

WSMIL said...

I'm going to go with choice number 3, just because I want to believe Matthew McConaughey was that close and I just didn't know it:)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .