link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Slightly Below Average | Priester Photography

Slightly Below Average

I thought for a while that I wanted to be an intelligent person.
But after some reflection I decided that I do not.
Here's why:
 I listen to a lot of podcasts about science and whatnot.
I love it.
It stretches my brain out.
 They talk about things like how rats laugh, how our memory works, why we yawn, the state of the world's water supply, if robots will be allowed to marry and any other thing you could possibly imagine.
Most of the time I can get the general idea of what they're talking about and sometimes form other thoughts all on my own, but a lot of time I just sit here all slumped over like a monkey working a computer with a dumb look on my face.
 I then imagine what it would be like if I was having an actual conversation with these same scientists (or walking encyclopedias) in person.
 It would go something like this:
 Them: Smart stuff about science and yada-yada-yada, math, history, numbers, and resulting hypothesis.
Me:  Blink.  Blink.
 Them:  More smart stuff, more numbers and alas a discovery that should mean something significant.
 Me (shaking my head in an attempt to look as if I understand):  Uh.  Hmm.  Well that's interesting.
 Them (intelligence erupting from their face): Yaka-yaka, atoms and neutrons and the use of the word "quantify" to the nth degree and a question directed at me.
 Me:  Blink.  *head explodes* 
The conclusion?

I don't want to be someone that makes other people's heads explode.
 I would rather remain slightly below average and yet be approachable.
 At least that's what I keep telling myself.

It requires a lot less effort than actually trying to be intelligent.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Korokis Senior."



2 comments:

Amy S. said...

I'm glad you've decided to remain on my intelligence level. Great pics. Is it just me or does he look a lot like Matt?

Kristi said...

I don't care if you are overly smart, just keep on giving us great pictures!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .