link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> The Brandi Show | Priester Photography

The Brandi Show

--We have a pretty cute bedroom.

It's a taupe/beige color.
 We have a black platform bed and our end tables are black floating shelves with pendant lights hanging above them from the ceiling. 
 My end table has a vintage alarm clock on it and three little red monkeys and Matt's has a grassy looking plant and a red ceramic bowl.
 We have a flat screen against the far wall and three more floating shelves on the adjacent wall.

It's cute!
Which is why I can't understand how it constantly looks like a college dorm room.
 Piles of clean clothes inhabit every available space, remotes lay scattered around, empty soda and/or beer cans end up stacked beside the bed (Matt's side) and stacks of books, pens and bobby pins clutter my side.

Really, at this point I'm just surprised there aren't articles of clothing hanging from the pendant lights or the ceiling fan.
 And every week when I clean it I always say the same thing..."This is ridiculous!  We are not teenagers!  If we would just put away our things when we get them out I wouldn't have to spend two hours cleaning it!  I will not allow this room to get this messy again!"
  I even hold my finger in the air for emphasis.

Yet here we are again.
 --I was out-of-town a few weeks ago and had lunch at Qdoba Mexican Grill.
As I was pulling into a parking space a man was walking to his car and I inadvertently made eye contact with him.
 He smiled and began getting into the car that was parked directly next to mine.
 I had parked the car and was looking down, fumbling with my purse and when I got out of the car he was still sitting in his car and he looked over and smiled at me again as he began backing out.
 And as I walked towards the store he craned his neck back looking at me as he was pulling away...all the while with a pleasant look on his face.

(Not a stalker-I'm-going-to-murder-you-in-a-dark-alley look.)
 I had gotten about half way to the store and the man was long gone when I had the sudden realization that  maybe I knew him.

I don't know why or how I might know him but he looked familiar for some reason.

And then I felt bad because he gave me THREE chances to recognize him and say hello and I blew it.
 This happens to me all the time.

All the time.
 Just a few weeks ago I was walking out of the gas station as a tall, thin girl wearing a ball cap was walking in.
 She said, "Hey Brandi!  How are you?"
 And I said (with equal enthusiasm), "Hey!  I'm good.  How about yourself?"
 And she said, "Doing good!"
 And we both continued walking in opposite directions but I was doing so in fear that she was going to turn around and try to continue the conversation.
 Because I had no idea who she was.

I have never seen her in my life.
 But I must have because she obviously knew me.
Sometimes I think I'm on Candid Camera.

Or a twisted version of The Truman Show.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Starkey Senior".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They smile because your cute AND blonde....But you did blow it by describing the girl...if she
reads your blog...now she knows you didn't know her....fabulous pics...and stunning subject.

WSMIL said...

Beautiful girl and fab pictures! I'm partial to the last one, but you know why:) I heard a phrase that applies to the problem with your bedroom, flatspaceitis:) I know because I suffer from it to, drives your FNL crazy, thus I have achieved my goal;)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .