link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Lightning and Electronics | Priester Photography

Lightning and Electronics

Those two things don't mix well.
At all.
Which is one reason for my two week absence.
I couldn't keep my computer on long enough during the last several weeks (during what my brother-in-law has taken to calling "Rainageddon") to accomplish any editing or subsequent blogging for fear of losing my computer to a lightning strike.
The blogging was hampered further by the fact that several of my last few clients wanted their images password protected.
This means that while I have been working my little fingers to the bones, no one gets to see the results except those specific clients and whomsoever they share their password with.

And if I'm password protecting images on the client proofing site I can't very well blog about them, now can I?

No, I can not.
Which brings up an interesting point for those of you concerned with hiring me to take your pictures for fear of having your face or your children's faces plastered on my blog and hence the interwebs...
Fear not my privacy conscious friends!
If you let me know during your session (or before) (or after) that you'd like your photos private, the only person that will be able to view them is yourself (or anyone you give the password).

And myself, of course.
I can't very well take pictures of you and post them on the client proofing site without seeing them.
Though at times when I have allergy eyes and things are blurry, I imagine myself going blind.
I have decided that in the event that I become completely blind I will still be a portrait photographer....simply because people would say it couldn't be done.
I already have a system in place that I think would work which would involve my camera being on a tripod with my lights in a set place and my feeling my clients' faces until I "feel" the expression and push the shutter release button.
Aren't you glad I think of these things?

One must always be prepared for the unexpected.

And one never knows when one may suddenly become blind.
Maybe I should do a test run with eye patches on.

Any volunteers?
B


You can view the rest of this session here under "Pense Family".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love them. good job again B. your so EPIC.
lol
love,
your sister in law
niki
ps.... SO EPIC

LA said...

You crazy woman! Blind? I think you should try it and let someone film you while you are feeling the expressions. Someone could win a grand prize with that video. I am glad to see your back. And thanks for letting us know, because we missed you. It may be time to get a UPS, (Uninterrupted power Supply) for the computer. Always expect that it is definitely going to go down, you will never know. when.

Ashes of Abdication said...

I wouldnt mind being a volunteer...i think...:) ):

WSMIL said...

Sign me up! I even have the eye patches, my job requires it:)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .