link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> A new low in blog topics... | Priester Photography

A new low in blog topics...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
a runny nose.

I'll understand if you stop reading now.

You may miss out on some mentally stimulating and educational information, but I'll understand.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I have a condition.

When I'm in the middle of a session my nose runs.
So much so that I keep a box of tissue on the side table.

It's quite annoying but doesn't seem to affect my clients.

Unless I'm shooting a newborn, in which case I'm sure I can see the mothers tense up a little while I'm honking away into my tissue.
I then assure them that I don't have a cold, the flu, chicken pox, RSV, scarlet fever, Lyme disease or ebola.

They look at me with eyes of doubt but continue to allow me to handle their papoose.

They probably bathe them in Lysol as soon as they get home.
I thought to myself, "Self.  Why does my nose run when I'm shooting?".

I then did the only logical thing.

I Googled it.
I have now web-diagnosed myself with EIR.

Exercise-induced rhinitis.

I'm not making this up.

I read it on Wikipedia.

Therefore it is fact.
 I have gathered the following from my web investigation on runny noses while working:
Physical activity causes a boost in metabolism making your mucous membranes produce more mucous than when you're not exercising.
This increase in mucous is supposed to pick up any inhaled particles of dust you might inhale, but sometimes too much mucous is produced...resulting in its running out of your nose.
Or in this case, my nose.

Ew.

Mucous.

I don't like that word.

And it doesn't look spelled correctly.

So I don't like it doubly.
The web articles I've read also mention that studies have shown that sufferers of EIR tend to be athletes, specifically, those who run, ski or cycle; however, recreational and competitive athletes alike can suffer from EIR.

What does this all mean?
It means that when I'm in the middle of a session I'm like an athlete.

That's how hard I work.

I'm like a runner or a skier.
Or I'm just that out of shape.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Freeman/Novotny Engagement".

2 comments:

Derek said...

I have that too!

WSMIL said...

So you are an artist and an athlete that is good to know.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .