link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> A Clothesline | Priester Photography

A Clothesline

I want one.

I love saving energy.
 
I love the memories it  brings back of rushing out to grab the clothes down as thunder rolled in the distance, of trying to space out the clothes so there was just enough room to hang them without running out of pins, and the challenge of avoiding bugs/wasps/spiders as they scurried out of their cozy nesting places in the neck of someone's shirt.
 
I love the smell of clothes as they come off the line.

It's a win-win.
The problem is...Matt doesn't like stiff towels.
For him, my having a clothesline means stiff towels.
And his having to exert effort to install a clothesline.
In his opinion it's a lose-lose.
I keep waiting to come home one day to see the glistening lines stretched taut between two poles with a cute gingham bag bulging with clothespins swaying in the middle.

It won't happen.

Unless I do it myself.
Instead, I have this tiny clothespin paperclip that I use to mark my datebook.

It's fairly effective at recalling those memories...the smells and textures.

I guess it will have to do.

Now if I could just find a tiny screen door to put in my purse...
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Punches Family".

2 comments:

WSMIL said...

Great photos! And if you throw those stiff towels into the dryer for about 5 min on hot they soften right up, and then it's a win win for both of you. Come on boy let's get her a clothsline! Most women would be asking for diamonds;)

kristi said...

I love these pictures!! Especially the last one. It is very neat...oh I mean creative.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .