link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Buckle up. | Priester Photography

Buckle up.



Thirteen years ago this last November we were in a serious car accident.
 I won't bore you with the details, but I (who happened to be five months pregnant with our oldest) broke my wrist and had stiches above my left eye.
Matt broke his hip and received a serious brain injury.

They weren't sure he was going to make it.
Obviously when we started out for our shopping trip that rainy Saturday morning we didn't know we were going to be in a car accident.
But I had my seatbelt on.

I always wear it.

As should you.
We stopped at Hardees on our way out of town.

Matt was driving.

I was sitting behind him.
Another couple was with us.

The husband (Rob) was in front with Matt and the wife (Jen) was in back with me.
As we were leaving Hardees, Rob put his seatbelt on.

He turned around and told Jen to put her seatbelt on.
She said she didn't have to because she was sitting in the back seat.

 
Rob then insisted that she put it on.
As she complied, she complained that Matt wasn't wearing his.

Rob looked at Matt and said (in a somewhat authoritative voice), "Put your seatbelt on".
And he did.

Which is odd, because he never does it when I ask him.
I think he was shocked by Rob's authoritativeness.
Rob is not one you would consider authoritative.

Or normal.

But that's another story for another time.
Ten minutes down the road we were hit head on.
And let me just say it hurt.

A lot.
But we all survived.
Because we were wearing our seatbelts.

Because Rob's bossy.

And Jen's stubborn.

Now you will watch this video.

Because I'm bossy.

And I'm stubborn.

And it's amazing.

And beautiful.

And it just might convince you to wear your seatbelt.

And save your life.

Which is totally worth 1 minute and 29 seconds.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Cowboy Cash".

7 comments:

The Ganns said...

OMGosh I love these! Wish I owned a horse. I would love to do that with Owen!!!

Anonymous said...

You don't need to own the horse, Just ask B to arragnge it for you. She is awesome and can make things happen.

Anonymous said...

Once again Brandi, you're wonderful. I didn't know you guys were in such a bad accident; and how ironic is the whole "wear your seatbelt" part?! I'd seen this video just last week, and almost cried (and I'm not a crier...) Manda

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome commercial. Very profound!!! Now let's talk about Rob not being normal ;)

SeƱor Taco said...

Rob is a good topic.

Anonymous said...

I love that video! I also love your pictures! I LOVE the 11th one! Also the 8th one! Have fun counting! :) Mercede

Bumble-Bree said...

You can borrow my horse. But, i demand royalties......I don't know if thats in the right context, but, you get my point. :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .