link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Hey, teacher...leave us kids alone! | Priester Photography

Hey, teacher...leave us kids alone!

I'm not going to post yearbook entries as I have in the past to accompany team sports pictures.

Instead, I'm going to post tidbits from my file folder labeled "Report Cards".

But before doing so I would like to mention something.  It turns out that I was apparently not the epitome of studiousness that I have spent this past 16 years thinking I was.

In other words, I thought I was a good student.

I was not.

Here's proof:
Fifth grade--Mrs. Harryman--Teacher's Comments--

First Quarter:  Brandi is a joy to have in class.  I feel she is very capable of bringing up her grades.

Second Quarter:  When Brandi concentrates on her work, her grades go up.

Third Quarter:  Sometimes forgetful.

Fourth Quarter:  Hope to see you soon, Brandi.  Keep in touch.
Turns out I did keep in touch.

She had my oldest daughter in her class and her daughter was in my youngest daughter's class.

Small world.
It goes downhill from here.

The teachers often handed out little slips of paper entitled "Mid-Term Report To Parents".  I say "often" because I have a lot of them.  Which is confusing because they were supposed to be signed and returned to the teacher.

Further proof that I was a trouble maker.
Here are three that take the cake:

4-29-93
Subject: Parenting    Teacher:  Robbins

ü Does not do required work

Comments:  Seems more interested in talking to the male students in class than in doing her work.
In my defense, I talked to everyone at that table.  I have witnesses.

10-9-92

Subject:  Physical Education    Teacher:  Mrs. Basden

üDoes not do required work  üMore effort needed

Comments:  Brandi is failing because she will not dress out and participate.
This may have something to do with one of my previous posts about the embarrassment of being made to square dance in high school gym class.

Of course, it may also have been because I just didn't want to dress out and participate.

I guess we'll never know.
11-29-93

Subject: Geography    Teacher:  Larmer

üDoes not study enough    üLack of attention

üPoor attitude    üPoor test scores

This one had no comments but was signed by my mother as the following:
Regretfully, Debra.

I guess I should be ashamed.

But I'm just amused.
B

Disclaimer:  I think teachers are amazing people.  I can't imagine dealing with the issues that they must encounter...including sassy slackers like myself, and I thank them for trying to educate the miscreant youth of our day.  Keep up the good work...I mean, look how well I turned out!

You can see these images bigger here under "High School Track" but these are the only shots as the team is quite small and not many were interested in having individual shots taken.

Up next:  Cash

1 comments:

WSMIL said...

Love the pictures of industrious students:) And again you remind me why I'm glad I burned all my school stuff, but I love that you are willing to put this stuff out there. Especially your mom's comment, I may not stop giggling all day, THANKS!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .