link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Inspiration | Priester Photography

Inspiration

I'm learning that it's very difficult to remain creative as a photographer.
 It's even more creatively challenging given the fact that I'm also writing for the blog and endeavoring not to repeat myself...
 repeat myself...
 repeat myself...
 (Sorry.  It couldn't be helped.) 
 That being the case, I look for inspiration for both avenues of creativity anywhere I can find it.
 I've noticed that during the rare moments that I watch a movie or television I'm focusing in on how the scene was lit and  how the actor/actress is posed.
 I learned this fancy trick from a fellow photographer.
 Thank you fellow photographer.
 Sometimes I'm inspired by silly commercials on the radio.
 Sometimes I get ideas from magazines.

I tear pages from them that I keep in a book that I can look through for ideas on posing, lighting and whatnot.
 And yes, they're my magazines! 

Though I have desparately wanted to rip a few images from waiting room magazines before, I restrained myself.
 Oddly enough I'm sometimes even inspired by a piece of furniture.
 Some furniture just screams the need to be photographed.
 The furniture doesn't actually scream.

That would be weird.

And disturbing.

I would avoid that furniture.

I was just personifying.
 My point in telling you about the various ways that I gather creative data is because I'm also, many times, inspired by conversations.

So if you have any type of conversation with me (lengthy or otherwise) be warned that bits and pieces of it may show up on here...either verbally or expressed through a photograph.
Consider yourself warned.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Gann and Family".

Up next:  Scoops Family








3 comments:

niki said...

u get cute monents in photos. i love them. u teach me somtimes

WSMIL said...

We were already warned that what we say would end up on the blog after the London accepts ice cream in exchange for blog rights of his comments;) Is this open for everyone? I guess not thus the warning:) And these are beyond amazing pictures!

Grandma LaVena said...

Oh my! The one of the baby leaning right into the cake craks me up. Brings home a lot of memories of baby times. Yes, YOU, Matt! You can't keeep from smiling. But why is it not so funny when they are fifty two and have food all over? ANYONE?

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .