link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Crime Doesn't Pay | Priester Photography

Crime Doesn't Pay



Since I referred briefly to my childhood criminal activity in the previous post I decided I should give you the rest of the story so as not to have people thinking I promote taking things that don't belong to you.
The Story:

 I was about 13 years old.

My mom, my friend (she knows who she is) and I were at the mall.
 Specifically, we were at Pier 1 Imports.

This friend and I were casually looking over a giant basket of various shell rings.
 They looked much like this one.

They were $6.
 I won't take the credit for being the mastermind behind the following events, but I also won't claim innocence.
 We each took a ring....

put it in our pockets...

and walked out of the store giggling.
 I know.

I'm a rebel.
 I can't remember how my mom found out.

But she did.

It could have been that whole "mother knows everything" thing, but it was probably just that I told her.

I've never been a good liar. 
 So, like a good mother, she made me take the ring back.
I gave it to the lady at the counter and said, "I stole this ring last week.  Now I'm returning it."

She took it, smiled and said, "That's so great!...It's very honest of you!"

I thought that was a bizarre thing to say since I STOLE it and it was obvious that my mom was making me return it.

I didn't know what to say in response so I said "Thank you".

It was awkward.

I don't like awkward situations.

I avoid them like the plague.

It's one of the reasons that I've abandoned criminal activity forever.

The end.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Steven's Family".

Up next:  Toddlers X2

6 comments:

niki said...

the boys are so cute. i love for your photography. i wish i was that good and maybe some day i will. i love how u have the two boys walking down the street. i love how u take pic that good with the season. like now it is fall. oh do i love fall!!!!!!!

SandraSkiles said...

Wow what a cute lil country family!!! The boys make me imagine what mine will be like in a few years. And I will have to keep a better eye on my things when you're around now that I know you're a thief!!!

OLP said...

Steak knives, but I'm not giving anymore info.

WSMIL said...

Two youthful indiscretions is all there are? Or rather two honest thiefs;) Or is that a dichotomy?

PS: love the last photo! on soooo many levels

Grandma LaVena said...

This family reminds me of HOME. If they ever want to loan those boys out I would jump at the chance. I love little boys. They are the bet.
Thanks to the Mom and Dad for creating a wonderful memory.

Anonymous said...

That's my family!!!!

Good job makin the boys look so much like their michevious selves!!

They are so fun!!

Gma Kerri and Papa Faron

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .