link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> The Bratty Bunch | Priester Photography

The Bratty Bunch



My kids and I were playing Cranium.
 Summer and I were up and Mercede read us our trivia question...
 "Name three members of the Bratty Bunch".
 I said, "Bratty Bunch?...I don't even know what that is."
 Summer says, "Me either."

Mercede shrugged.
 I wondered aloud if it was something similar to The Garbage Pail Kids that were quite popular when I was younger.
 I gave a confused look and Mercede provides a hint by saying, "One of the answers is Marsha."
 I yell, "The Brady Bunch!"...
 and start singing, "Here's the story of a lovely lady, who was bringing up three very lovely girls..."
 They made faces of ridicule and declared they had no idea what I was talking about.
 I slapped the table and said, "You know?!  Marsha, marsha, marsha!"?

They said they had no idea what I was talking about.

It was at this point that I realized a similar conversation had taken place between myself and someone who shall remain nameless that ended with her shaking her hands in the air and yelling, "You know!?  Judy, Judy, Judy!"?
I guess the generation gap cannot be avoided.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Pierce Family".

Up next:  Sebastions

3 comments:

Amy S. said...

Is that a reference to The Andy Griffith show? I use that line all the time!

Sandraskiles said...

Oh what a tragedy that you're children don't know about the Brady bunch!! I imagine it will be like this with my boys too only it will be Saved by the Bell instead....

Bumble-Bree said...

Haha, yes, Judy, Judy, Judy! I heard about that.......Ya, I'm only 2 yrs older than Mercede, but it's a shame they don't know about the Brady Bunch. Good show.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .