link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Breaking the Law | Priester Photography

Breaking the Law

Not actually breaking the law.
I've only done that once (on purpose) when I was 13 and stole a ring from Pier 1 Imports. 
 But that's another story for another time.
 The law breaking I'm referring to is actually not a law per se, but the breaking of my own, made-up rules.
 I'm going to break them in this post.
 As a rule, I don't normally discuss my clients or their sessions in my blog posts,
 but I needed to discuss this one. 
 Because I think this girl is absolutely stunning.
 I have decided that she needs to be a model.
 In the same manner that I've emphasized the fact that I am in no way, shape or form a music critic, I will also emphasize that I am in no way, shape or form a model scout or anything resembling the likes of one.
 I have no idea what one would even look for in a potential model. 
 I do know that my 6th grade math teacher told me that I had what it would take to be a beautiful woman...
 "a long neck, big eyes, and big teeth".
 I told her that sounded more like what it would take to be a good looking horse.
 I think she was trying to make me feel better about myself.
 I can't remember if this was before or after the day she brushed my hair with a fork because it apparently needed brushing and she didn't have a brush handy.
 Seriously.

You can't make this stuff up. 
 Maybe if she had stuck to her job of teaching math instead of playing beauty shop on unfortunate looking pre-teens I would be able to help my 8 year-old with his math homework.
 That's a joke Mrs. Sikes, if you happen to be reading.

Thank you for teaching me how to brush my hair in a pinch.

And trying to make me feel beautiful despite my gawky body, gnarly teeth and unruly hair.
A few more things about this shoot:

You can tell that she's not particularly a "country girl".

This made me happy.
Not that I have anything against country-ness at all.

I live in the country.

I have boots.

And chickens.
It's just nice to have variety sometimes.

I've heard it's the spice of life.

Since I've shot a lot of barns, fields, cowboy boots, horses and cows lately, 
we decided to mix it up with this session and shoot roads, alleyways, abandoned boats, and ice cream parlors.

I have to say that it was definitely a pleasure.

And Daphne, darling...
let me just say that I think you have what it takes to be a beautiful woman...
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Daphne".

Up next:  A family session on the chilly side.

8 comments:

Bumble-Bree said...

Wow.....b-e-a-utiful.....that's all I can say.

niki said...

so cute!!!!!! i love the ones at the ice cream parlor.

M-a-licious said...

WOW. She is gorgeous!
And as for you B, Bad girl, bad girl, whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

Unknown said...

She is a beautiful girl! I agree. Change of venue,very nice.
Great job, as usual. Amy S.

WSMIL said...

The new venues are great, but I'm headed for scoops, thanks a lot!

SeƱor Taco said...

Photo 2 and 3 in the ice cream parlor make it look like they have 3 hands each. cool. I think they are aliens.

WSMIL said...

I'm glad you have the proof you have been looking for Taco:)

Grandma LaVena said...

Definitely pulchritudinous! My favorite is the second one of Daphne in the Window. Brandi your sagacity is evident in each setting.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .