link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Yet another attempt... | Priester Photography

Yet another attempt...

at shooting a live performance.

This is actually attempt number three, if you're keeping count.

I'd like to think I'm improving in this avenue of shooting, but sadly,  I'm just not sure that's the case.

Regardless, it certainly is fun.
These fine fellows were actually part of my very first attempt at live performance photography this past December.

You remember The Rum Drum Ramblers, don't you?
They are amazing.  So fun to watch (and shoot).   I knew we had to go back when I found out they were going to be at Bauhauss Kaffee again.
Our night actually started with a trip to the restaurant 12 West in Farmington.  
It was wonderful. 

Simply wonderful.
I've already mentioned that I'm not a music critic.  I should inform you that I'm also not a food critic.

In fact, in the past I only ever ordered cheeseburgers and Dr.Pepper (or some variation thereof) at fine dining establishments until my husband and I were married (14 years ago) and he forced me to start trying fanciful dishes like stuffed mushrooms, lobster tails and lamb and drinks like Italian Soda and Amaretto Sours.

I blame him for my weight gain... and my savings account deficiency.

Just set all that information aside and dwell on the thought that, despite my ignorance in the culinary field,  I know that my tastebuds were rejoicing when I ate my meal last night.
If my tastebuds are happy, then I'm happy.
I highly recommend that you dine there if given the chance.  Those of you who, like me, are financially "aware"...be warned that it may be a little more pricey than what you're used to ($15-25 per entree).  Very, very worth it, but I'm just giving you the facts.

The facts of my opinion, that is.  What's "pricey" for me, might quite possibly be pocket change for you...and if so...good for you.

Good for you.

However, if you aren't independently wealthy, you can't blame me if you eat there and then end up washing the dishes. 

It's all about keeping you informed.
After we indulged in the decadent foods at 12 West we made our way over to Bauhaus Kaffee for the evenings' entertainment.
It smelled so wonderful in this place.

Like coffee, of course, but they were also serving some wonderful smelling (and looking) German food on this particular night.

Now, don't judge me and my eating habits.  I didn't eat TWO meals.  I'm just informing you that it must have been good food because I was craving it after having already stuffed myself before our arrival.
And what is it about the smell of coffee?
It's so wonderful.  And I don't even drink the stuff.
Gasp!  Why am I blogging about a coffee shop if I don't even drink coffee?
Because I could breathe it in all day.  It's so earthy.  That may not sound like the correct description of coffee aroma but that's what I think of when I smell it.

Earth.

Mmmm.

I just haven't aquired a taste for it.
Yet.

It's not just the coffee though...this place  is just great with its brick walls, wood floors and artwork.

The wood floors are particularly wonderful when the RDR's are keeping the beat while stomping them.
This place is just so cozy and yummy.
Then add in The Rum Drum Ramblers and you've got a  wonderful evening.
Very wonderful.
Here's a snippet of their performance.  Please excuse the quality as I'm a beginner at using my camera for video.

I really wish I had taken video of a song with the harmonica because this guy plays harmonica like nobody's business.  I'll remember that for next time.

You're thinking, "What a fun-filled evening!", right?

Well, this isn't even all of it!

There's another band, The Two Man Gentlemen Band, that I have to make a separate post about because I didn't want to cram it all on this one.

To Be Continued...

25 comments:

Señor Taco said...

For me, not too groovy...

In a box I am.

Honesty best policy? Always, yes?

Mother of Merna and B-dog said...

Senor Taco in a box!!?? What!!?? I here, you also have a fine friend, who has red hair, who also lives in a box. He and his lovely wife (who does not live in a box) did not join us for this fun filled evening. What a shame!!?? We should have kidnapped lovely wife and brought her with us!!

Bell Lee Button said...

Huh? Am i the only one lost here. You must go back to the last post and read.

WSMIL said...

Sorry Taco I can't do this in 5:( I guess when we actually get around to giving B their anniversary card they are going to think it is late. Wow you guys have had 14 years almost as much as friends of mine have celebrated their 50th (it's only 43 this year but she received a lovely ring for her 50th). Ok I guess you were just going out early to celebrate, and I'll let this go:)

WSMIL said...

Good food, friends, fun: priceless

arduous taco very very arduous:)

Señor Taco said...

Hard for long winded people......;)

WSMIL said...

Got it in one, WOW:)

PS: live performance pics best yet!

Bell Lee Button said...

I am so confused, 4 words beat that! Haha

Bookworm said...

What's up with 5 words?

Lol: 5 words!

M-a-licious said...

They have a cool appearance to them though I'd have to listen to them in person to tell whether I'd like them or not. (Sorry, B, the video's sound quality needs work.) I like how they are a blend of the past and present. A young group playing folk-ish music. Even their clothes are partly vintage, partly modern.

Señor Taco said...

I ate an O'henry today.

Not too bad, like snickers.

Leave my redhead friend be.

Life in the box...ok.

M-a-licious said...

You are weird Senor Taco.

Oooo. Burned with five words.

WSMIL said...

Mal to funny and accurate:)

Unknown said...

I don't like 5 words.

Señor Taco said...

5 words keeps gibberish down.

Definately not into the jabberwocky.

(look it up girls, ha!)

B said...

Jabberwocky! I remember the Jabberwocky and was trying to explain it to someone the other day and they had no idea what I was talking about. I may need to make a post about this...thanks for the subject matter.
B

Bell Lee Button said...

I think you all are obstreperous. And hornswaggle whoever you come across. B, you need to make a more gallimaufry blog. Haha. The inside of my head is like a lacuna. I am not a turophile. Tonight i will sing a paean. Senor Taco is a jobbernowl. It is algid outside.There is a borborygmus in my stomach. I do not ride the jitney. I am a puler! I hope to be a zygodactyl. I am chaetophorus. I feel like i am filipendulous. I do not like gargalesthesia.

Bell Lee Button said...

Look it up guys! Ha! hehehehehehehehe

Bell Lee Button said...

My bad hornswoggle is the correct spelling.

Bumble-Bree said...

you are all so profoundly galling!

WSMIL said...

obstreperous you keep using that word it may not mean what you thinks it means;) At least it doesn't apply to us.

Bell Lee Button said...

You guys are to noisy and boisterous!-obstreperous

WSMIL said...

Obstreperous means: marked by unruly or aggressive noisiness, stubbornly resistant to control. Don't think that really applies, but you are free to have another opionion. No matter what Scary thinks we do have free will:)

Bell Lee Button said...

According to dictionary.com; ostreperous-noisy, clamorous, or boisterous. Haha.

WSMIL said...

That explains everything, now try a real dictionary:)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .