link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> A musical experience... | Priester Photography

A musical experience...

and perhaps my longest blog post ever.

I have a lot of pictures and alot to say.

So what's new?

I arrived here...
on Friday night despite the treacherous, snow covered roads.  I was alone but armed with my camera and an empty stomach, hoping for good food and musical entertainment worthy of photographing.

Happily, I received both.

I had a yummy chicken quesadilla for a fiver.  Not bad.  Not bad at all.

And then I was entertained by three different bands.  Also for a fiver. 

What a bargain!
First up was "Yetisburg". 
You can find out more about them here.
I have to admit...I wasn't sure I was going to like any of the bands that were scheduled to play.  Though I like music in general, I just didn't think that these three bands in particular were my "style" (as if I know what "style" even is).
I was wrong.

Thankfully.
They were great.
I've said before that I'm not a music critic and I couldn't tell you the difference between pop, rock, or soul, but I can tell you this...

I was tapping my foot, bobbing my head, and smiling, so...
they must have been good.
Right?

Right.

(It's possible that I may have also been shaking my butt a little bit, but I won't admit to that entirely).

Just look at the emotion in these shots. It's hard not to like music when the artists are so involved in it.
And let me tell you...these guys were involved in it.
Sadly, I couldn't find any of their tracks to listen to online but I think they're currently looking for a recording studio.  Maybe they'll have something up soon. 

Until then, you can check the above link to view their upcoming schedule and they'll be back at Nate & Aly J's on the 20th of this month. 

The next perfomer was "Magic Cyclops".
You can see his site here or here.
I'm not sure what I enjoyed most..

His rendition of "Total Eclipse of the Heart",
or the fact that most of the kids present weren't getting his humour.

I think it was the latter, simply because I had felt a little aged upon my arrival and the realization that these weren't bands that were necessarily geared towards people my age.  Magic's production was a little bit of sweet vindication for me.
 There's something about this shot that should alert you to the fact that he's not actually playing the drums.

Great performance, Magic Cyclops and I totally dig your glasses!

The last band to perform (but definitely not the least) was "International Espionage".
How amazing is this shot?  I will admit that it was total coincidence that I got the drummers arms up in the air, since I couldn't even see the drummer most of the time.

But still...I got it.  So there.
These guys were so much fun.
Not just because they were energetic,
and bouncy,
and had lights on their heads...
(Oh.  I think he's looking at me!)
and a fog machine,

but because they were wearing black, tight, spy outfits.

And pulled it off quite amazingly.

That takes a certain kind of person.
Obviously a lot of the shots that I took were experimental as this is only the second time I've ever shot a live performance of any kind,
but it's so much fun to mix my love of photogaphy with my love of music,
and I think they've come out quite nicely, though not everyone will be smitten with them.
Particularly these last two...not everyone will get it. 

Whatever "it" is.
A lot of their shots reminded me of comic books so I thought I'd try to portray that in one of the edits.

I'm not sure I hit the mark, but it was worth a try.
And this one.  Let me just explain this.  Though maybe it's not a good photograph if it needs explaining.

shrug.

I'll explain anyway.

I did this intentionally...the low angled, blurred out shot.  However I wasn't sure at the time why I was doing it.  It just seemed like the right thing to do.

So I did it.

Then I loaded it up to edit it.

 And the first thing that came to mind was that this image is what it must look like through the eyes of  someone who's just coming around from being knocked unconscious by wicked international spies wearing tight, black bodysuits and red head lights.

Provided those spies are wielding musical instruments instead of weapons, but you get the point, right?

I thought so.

At any rate, you can see their upcoming schedule and listen to a few of their songs here.

I highly recommend seeing them perform.  Great stuff.

Thanks to Tim and Kerry at Unique Ink for bringing yet more great entertainment to our little ol' Fredericktown.

Next time you can come see for youself instead of reading about it later on my blog.
B

34 comments:

Mother of Merna and B-Dog said...

NICE shots of International Espionage!!!! The one with the fog machine and the all white background one are my favorites. Very Cool!

Bookworm said...

I like em'. They re cool. And I totally love the waking up from being knocked out thing! totally cool! And thanks. lol

Ashes of Abdication said...

I thought all the pictures are really cool i too really liked the being knowcked out by spies thing!!! I also liked the comic book one it really portrayed a comic book!!!

Lunsford said...

Looks like fun! I love the comic book thing too, very cool. But my fav is the couple where they are so in motion that the lights on top of their heads is a blurr in the picture. Very cool. The knocked out one got me, when I looked at it I had just gotten up from a long night with a very sick little boy and I thought it was just my eyes not awake yet. Great pictures B.

Bell Lee Button said...

Just a simple ? but were the last one's high? Idk why i thought of that but coming from the way they were dressed the lights, and energy the seem like they may have needed some extra help. But....what do i know. My fav is the same as lunsford it is like those pics that you get of New York at night with all the lights, except a band. Haha. Anyways i did enjoy them. Thanks!

WSMIL said...

Cartoon pic was a success! Totally digging it. And it may have just started snowing but at least I'm back among the B-followers where I belong. Hi:)

M-a-licious said...

The first band showed a lot of passion and you captured it. I also liked the blurred tamberine.
The Magic Cyclops reminded me in looks of Bo Bice. I found him c r e e p y. The Magic Cyclops, not Bo Bice.
The first pic of International Espionage made me think of a scene in the movie Fun With Dick and Jane. That was funny. I listened to their songs on the site and I think his voice sounds like David Bowie, a touch.
I totally agree with Mother M/B about the white background one. That was my favorite. And I got the "waking up to your kidnappers playing wicked tunes amidst world terror" photo after you explained it. The only think would make it cooler is if it was fuzzy blacked out like this () only flipped up and down. Like on T.V. when a person is coming to there's the darkness of their peripheral vision widening out. Just a thought.
Ok. many thoughts completely unrelated but whatev.

M-a-licious said...

Oh! Lightbulb. I just thought of a name for you, Mother of Merna and B-dog. MIB (mom in black).

WSMIL said...

you have to admit it is short and easy (and funny very funny)

M-a-licious said...

thank you, thank you.

Mr. Scary said...

I'm not sure if I should be commenting on these pics, which were utterly fantastic (brown nose, brown nose, brown nose) by the way.
After being attacked, ganged up on and quite possible stalked, I feel I don't know mcuh of anything any more....Everything is kinda blurry around the edges since becoming involved with the B-people.
I'm terrified of "Bookworm" finding out my true identity. And with WSMIL joining forces with her I can't hardly function....
(Read this as in a hazy dream-like fog of fear)... The day after "The Worms" threat I was walking down the street, paranoid as all get out as you can rightly imagine, and a man (a scary man) kept looking at me (I just knew he was "The Worm"). After trying to ditch him for... I don't know, many minutes, I couldn't take it any more. I ran at him and grabbed him by the lapel and screamed (with my best Jack Bauer voice) "Are you The Worm!!, are you The Worm!!" (needless to say he was quite excited by my behavior). I soon discovered that he was not, in fact The Worm.
I don't know how much more I can take. I fee like I'm in a "B" rated movie and all the actors are "B" rated actors. Maybe that's why you are the "B-People".
Mr. Scary isn't the one that should be scared. It's creepy.
(subliminal message to the crazy B's)The pics were good, by the way. Leave me alone. Be happy.

Señor Taco said...

Not my style of pictures.

(a comment non the less)

5 words- less is more!!

M-a-licious said...

You sound poor like a scaredy cat, Mr. Notso Scary. (not to mention a little paranoid)

Bell Lee Button said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO now there is no denying soon i will find out ur identity i would be very afraid!

Mother of Merna and B-dog said...

Again, thanks for all the name help, MIB, M2MB, Mommy Dawg, Queenmotha, Mom-B (I will leave the Queen and B stuff to the REAL Queen of this Blog). WSMIL, I realized, I must have lost my identity after all these years of raising children. I MUST GET IT BACK! I will peer deep into myself and find a proper blog (comment) name. Hey....maybe Mr. Scary (or Mr. Scaredy) can assist! He/She seems to be clever with words.

B said...

Lots to address...

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I thought they turned out pretty well myself.

Button...I couldn't say for sure that they weren't high but they didn't seem like the type. And you must not know me very well or you wouldn't think that you need "help" to be energetic and dress funny.

M...I agree, it would look cool with the () peripheral vision look. I might try that.

Mr. Scary...While I'm impressed and flattered that you thought my shots were "utterly fantastic" and I'm impressed by your extensive vocabulary, I think that if you have so much to say that you may need to start your own blog.

Get your own followers. You could call them Scary-ites.

Sure, they wouldn't be as good as MY followers, but they would be yours. It might give you a sense of fulfillment which would help you with your obvious anger and egotistic issues.

Cheerio!
Queen B

Bookworm said...

Muahahaha......you should be very afraid Mr. Scary, and for your info I am not a man, and I don't plan on ever being one, so there, stop being paranoid about men staring at you. And I think it is hikarious to think that you are scared of a teenage girl girl! Once I do find you however sdon't be afraid of me, be afraid of my glare. It can be a scary thing. And I am sure I can get Mal to help, she always loves glaring. B is right, though. You can't have cooler followers as us. ;)

WSMIL said...

Mr. Scary you shouldn't be afraid of us (however your description was hysterical). Our intention was never to make you afraid, we are B-followers and B-defenders. So when we see something that seemingly might affront our B then we jump right in to protect. Not that she needs it, she is very good at protecting herself,but we have the need to protect her anyway:) We don't really need to know who you are just that you are on our side of the fence. And since that has been determined, let me be the first to say WELCOME. It's like the Eagles used to sing "you can check out anytime you want but you can never leave":) Now with your knowledge of vocabulary and of us (because apparently you know who we are) help a lady out and give suggestions for a name for our Mom seeking a new cognomen;)

That said 5 words: Date night with B unusual:)

Unknown said...

B-MAZING!!! Just made that word up for you. The shots are super. I had a great time hanging with you at the show. You got mad skill girl keep up the good work!
Lovely Lady Laura

Miss Scarlett said...

I accuse Kelly Cisco in the B blog with the keyboard!
Unmask this Mr. Scary.

Mr. Scary said...

I do believe "Mother of Merna and B-dog" you seem to be flirting with me (not typically my thing). If you show me a pic, possibly the Queen B has taken one (I like glamour shots), I'll lend my expertise free of charge.

Bookworm said...

Apparently half of you know who Mr. Scary is, and I am slightly offended by this. I need to know.........

P.S. Do you know who I am Scary?

Bell Lee Button said...

Bookworm you said you knew who Mr. Scary was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you were supposed to tell me! Gr! I can not believe Mr. Scary just said that Mother of Merna and B-dog was flirting with him/her preferably him....haha. But back to the main point that was wrong, and well....wrong!

Señor Taco said...

Señor Taco not Mr. Scary :(

Sorry Miss Scarlet, your wrong

Mr. Scary is Mr. Scary

I know THE Mr. Scary.

.

M-a-licious said...

I agree with Button. To take someone's asking for your help, while questioning your gender, as flirting is... I don't know what that is.

By the way, Miss Scarlett retracts her first assumption and makes a new one. I accuse Clint Eastwood.

M-a-licious said...

Besides, I don't even think that Kelly Cisco is that weird. (I'm using my evil glare that Bookworm knows so well. Thought it's not really a glare this time but more mischievious.)

Mother of Merna and B-dog said...

Good morning....What a thing to wake up to!!!!!!!!OK Mr.Scary, 4 WORDS: I DID NOT FLIRT!!!! I don't even know if you are a male, for sure! Not that I would, even if I knew you were, not my thing either. I am very happily married and will not entertain the notion of letting you see a picture. Shame on you Mr. Scary!

B said...

I'm backing up MIB's comment...SHAME ON YOU!! That's all I have to say at the moment...shame on you.
B

Bell Lee Button said...

hehehehehehe you got in trouble! By the headmaster! Haha. I have sooooo much to do today it is insane. For those of you who know what we do on Wednesday's i have a talk last minute and a demo and i have a thing for drama to memorize! How am i going to do it all? Help!

WSMIL said...

I think the most telling thing about Mr. Scary is the Glamour Shots comment. I'm not sure you know which side of the fence you are on anymore (or may be you do because those things used to scare the bejeebies out of me). And you guys doing the clue thing is just too funny:) So I accuse Ms. Scarlett in cyberspace with a book:)

Bookworm said...

Maybe this is one of those you smelt it you delt it things where it is really Miss Scarlett who is actually Mr. Scary since she was so quick to accuse?

Miss Scarlett said...

If you read an earlier comment, WSMIL, you would know who I am. I am scary but not a Mr.

WSMIL said...

I'm not sure who you are, and I wasn't really accusing you of being Mr. Scary. You are the only one with a moniker from the actual game of Clue so I used you and a book for Wormy:)

Bumble-Bree said...

I am trying to figure something out.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .