link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Interpretation... | Priester Photography

Interpretation...

As a wedding photographer I've come to realize that not only is every wedding different in its location, personalities, and emotions,
but that I, as the photographer, am able to manipulate those things to tell the story that I want to tell.
That's a BIG responsibility!

But also a big privilege.
For instance...Perhaps this groom wasn't behaving as affectionately as I thought he should be.

After I shot the first image of them both looking at me, I would have asked him to look towards the door.  He would do it thinking I'd lost my mind, not knowing that I was creating an "image" of him being affectionate by trying to look at his bride through the door.
Thankfully, for me, this handsome young man needed no direction in that area and he produced that look all on his own.

Bravo young man!  Bravo!  Us girls like a man who isn't afraid to be mushy.
Another example...If my bride is stiff and uncomfortable in front of the camera (as most of us are) and I want to get a shot of her looking unabashedly ecstatic then I would ask her to lean back and tip her head and act like she's fanning herself with her flowers.
She would also look at me like I was a lunatic, but when she saw herself looking like the "image" I had created, she would be happy.
Again...thankfully, this bride needed no direction.  She was pouting and posing like a pro.  We even captured a shot of her making muscle arms (which I won't post for fear of a lawsuit).
The point of these incomplete and run-on sentences?

I've discovered that I'm not only a photographer but also a director.

Camera!  Lights!  Action!
B

Up next:  More Millie

9 comments:

WSMIL said...

Work caught up, lunch break and looky a new post. We do so love you! And I'm sure you wouldn't say these things about these beautiful people if they weren't family. Some things you can only get away with in the fam:) Want to hear what I have to say about you, hehehe. Just kidding these are really good can't wait to see the rest!

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan of you and your art in potography. i feel so close to you, like almost sisters. Your potography in wedding are a story. I fell as they are look at you telling the story. keep up the hard work.
I hope to meet you some day.

Bell Lee Button said...

I like these pictures a lot. Especially the one where she is sniffing the flowers they are soooo pretty!

Anonymous said...

Wow! We REALLY love the pics with us with the door in between! Im glad you got to experiment with us:). Awesome story about Matt, by the way. Looking forward to more pics! Love ya! ;)

Bell Lee Button said...

Seee..... they love them! Haha. Never lose faith! Hahahahahahaha.

Bell Lee Button said...

We should mulct her for being soooo pretty! Grrrrr.

WSMIL said...

what is mulct? help an old lady out:)

SeƱor Taco said...

Sorry no comment on these.
I guess that's a comment.
Oh well, keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Great pics, kiddo!! You's good!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .