link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Intriguedatarian and Confusedatarian | Priester Photography

Intriguedatarian and Confusedatarian

Regina Spektor--Edit

Yes.

Those are made up words.

But they describe how I feel about the following topic:

Vegetarianism (that is NOT a made up word).
Why the confusion and intrique?

I just discovered that if you would like to be a vegetarian, these are your choices:
Lacto-Ovo-vegetarian--No beef, pork, poultry, fish, shellfish or animal flesh of any kind but dairy and eggs are okay

Lacto-vegetarian--a vegetarian who does not eat eggs, but does eat dairy products

Ovo-vegetarian--a vegetarian who does not eat meat or dairy products but do eat eggs
Vegan--no meat of any kind and also do not eat eggs, dairy products, or processed foods containing these or other animal-derived ingredients such as gelatin

Raw vegan--diet consisting of unprocessed vegan foods that have not been heated above 115 degrees Fahrenheit
Macrobiotic--unprocessed vegan foods and allows the occasional consumption of fish while avoiding sugar and refined oils

Pescetarian--abstain from eating all meat and animal flesh with the exception of fish

and my personal favorite...

Flexitarian--those who eat a mostly vegetarian diet, but occasionally eat meat
Doesn't this remind you of the word games we used to do in school?

"Jeepers always lie.  Creepers always tell the truth.  You come to a fork in the road as you're trying to find your way home...a Jeeper and a Creeper are guarding the road but you can't tell which is which.  What question do you ask them to find your way home?"

I know the answer to this and it still makes my brain hurt.
As do the various forms of vegetarianism.

If you happen to be one of them...good for you!  Healthy eating is wonderful...I wish I was that dedicated as I'm sure my body would thank me.

I'm just not sure that we need so much clarification on each others' eating habits.

Unless I'm personally feeding you.

Or you're feeding me.

In which case you need to know that I'm a Brandiatarian.

I only eat whole wheat bread, nothing higher than 1% milk, milk chocolate (not dark), almonds, lightly sweetened tea, tomatoes fresh from the garden, steamed broccoli, banana nut bread;  no coffee, hominy or scallops and I avoid processed foods when I'm in the mood.

Glad we got that cleared up.
B

Up next:  The rest of this senior session (plus sister)

1 comments:

WSMIL said...

I love the football shots, especially the one with the helmet on! They rock! But as much as I love football, and we all know I love my football, I love your mind so much more!!!!! And I won't even tell you about the vegans who pick and choose from every category and don't really fall into any of those listed, oops too late looks like I did. I'm personally on a seefood diet, I see food I eat it;)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .