link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> My vehicle is my horse. | Priester Photography

My vehicle is my horse.


Regina Spektor--Folding Chair

Yes, my horse.

Shall I explain?
I currently drive a 2000 Limited Chrysler Town & Country.

It's gold and has leather seats.
Please don't judge me...the condition of my current mode of transportation does not dictate the quality of my photography skills.
It was a really nice van when we bought it.

It's still nice compared to some of the other options I see around town, one of which involves a man riding a two-seater bicycle all by himself.

This van has been through a lot with our family. 

I won't get into too much detail, but it's experienced several out-of-state trips (one to California), three children under the age of 7 in the past five years, numerous coffee spills and lots of melted chocolate.
I've recently steam cleaned the carpets and gave it a good detailing though, and she cleans up pretty good.

Other than the missing door handle, the growling sound coming from the engine, the thumb tacks holding up the roof material and the bumper that's being held on (behind the scenes) by drywall screws, but who's gonna notice such trivial things?

Seriously. (raising eyebrow)  I think you're all aware of the fact that I'm actually a very classy lady who should be driving something with a little more distinction.

No.  Really.

I'm serious.

I define classy.

Look it up.
Now that you have been made aware of the condition of my vehicle and how it has attained its current level of homeliness, I will tell you how it is my horse...
When you are the owner of a "mature" vehicle you rightly become a concerned driver.

"What is that noise?"

"What is that vibrating feeling?"

"Do I smell antifreeze?"

"Are these brakes going to work?"
Due to the fact that these could all be real concerns for you as you're chauffeuring your precious cargo around you begin to subconciously take note of little pings, shimmies, and jerks.

You are then ready to act quickly if the need arises.
Much like a horseback rider (I would assume) has a feel for his horse....sensing its movements by a twitch of the ear, a stamp of the foot, or an equine grunt, hearing the leather move underneath as they manuever difficult terrain...
I have a feel for my vehicle.

I sense its movements, listening for out of place noises, feeling for tires that need air, and keeping watch for oil spots.

My vehicle is my horse.

It may be the old grey mare, but it's still my horse.

And I'm its cowgirl.

Maybe I should buy some spurs.
B

Up next:  More senior session.




2 comments:

Amy S. said...

That's great. Where do you come up with this stuff? I would love to hear what you would say about me and my car. ( Or maybe not. )

Amy

WSMIL said...

What I find fascinating (besides the way your mind works) is how attached we become to these horses! G had to take mine away from me because he was worried, but I sure didn't want to let it go.

PS: these are great pictures, I love her clothes!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .