link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Rube Goldberg | Priester Photography

Rube Goldberg

The Blower's Daughter--Damien Rice

No.

That is not this baby's name (though she's cute enough that she could make it work).

 
Rube (rōōb) was a cartoonist/inventor in the early 1900's that become famous for his drawings of simple tasks being accomplished in the most complicated, convoluted manner imaginable.

(You can go here to read more about him and view some of his cartoons.)

His name (according to Merriam-Webster) now means, "accomplishing by complex means what seemingly could be done simply".
This sounds strangely like my life.
I highly recommend that you watch this video of the most amazing Rube Goldberg I've ever seen.

Not to mention the amazing music.

Ok.

Go.
Wait.

I take it back.

This is the coolest one ever.
I don't know.

This one is pretty awesome too.

(Can you tell I make these blog posts up on the fly?)

So let's recap, shall we?

Rube Goldberg is a man.

Rube Goldberg is also a complicated way of doing something that is, in itself, very simple.

I think I may be living a Rube Goldberg.

Wait.

Yes.

Ummm.  Let me check.

Okay.

Yes.

I am definitely a living Rube Goldberg.

The complicated steps to accomplish a simple task thing, not the man himself.

That would just be weird.
B

You can see the rest of this sweet little baby, whose name is not Rube, here under "Lilly".

Up next:  Super confidential, highly classified information.


 

2 comments:

WSMIL said...

As always these are necessary to start the day! Thank you so much for your photos and your incites into your mind:) can barely contain my excitement waiting for highly classified info, not that I am not a patient person;) (besides I've seen your life Rube:)

Tammydo73 said...

This is one of the most gorgeous babies I have ever seen :) The pictures make her even more gorgeous! Great job, Brandi ;) And, I'm lovin' the blog. I check it daily!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .