link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Don't Panic | Priester Photography

Don't Panic


Adele--Chasing Pavements

Don't panic about the don't panic title.

There's nothing to panic about.

As far as I know.
The phrase just came to mind while I was thinking about how I need to re-read "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

Since we've already started off on a somewhat psychotic level with this post, let's keep it going by entertaining the thoughts that are currently running through my head...
I have discovered that a  lot of people don't know what "gleeking" is.

If you're one of those people, you can not only find out what it is but learn how to do it here.

Yet, another reason to love the internet.

I've gleeked on accident a few times and once on purpose tonight with some practice.

Aren't you proud?
I don't like "lol".

It bothers me.

I don't use it.

I can't explain it.
When I was little I used to sing "I Just Called To Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder as loud as I could while swinging on our swingset.

I think that's why our neighbor lady moved.
If you haven't seen this "Swagger Wagon" commercial , you need to.

Now.

It's hilarious.
Wait!

Stop.

Now that I went back and watched that video for the second time (and made Matt watch it because I knew he'd get a kick out of it)  I realized that there's a whole set of them.

Just go here to see them all.

I am so relating to them right now.  They speak truth.  And crazy.  And sarcasm.

All of which I can identify with.
I've just realized after typing that last set of obsverations that you have probably already seen these because I'm assuming they air on television.

If you'll remember from previous posts, I don't watch television.

I read.  And I listen to the television that my children occassionally watch...like Spongebob, Tom & Jerry, iCarly and re-runs of The Office.

And see what happens?  I almost miss out on hilarious swagger wagon commercials.
I made an Italian Cream Cake today with the kids.

It has two sticks of butter, two packages of cream cheese and two pounds of powdered sugar in it.

No.  I'm not kidding.

(That sounds so much worse typed out than it did while making it)

It started out as a way for the girls to learn about egg whites and what happens (scientifically) when you beat them and ended as an observation in how too much sugar effects the human body.
I like sunsets.

But not necessarily long walks on the beach (though I probably should in order to walk off the slice of cake I just ate with a glass of milk).
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "McCord".

3 comments:

JVick said...

It's been a long time since I heard the word "gleek" and i'm sure that my kids do not know or use the phrase. I can remember practicing, but never could master the art. Art?? Maybe used that word wrong. There is nothing artful about spitting all over everyone. BTW- cake sounded amazing!! But very sinful!! Enjoy an extra piece for me- I haven't had sweets in almost 3 wks and it's not affecting me a bit- now shut up about the cake and leave me alone. Kidding- (not really)- but anyway- good pics.

WSMIL said...

I don't currently have the time to click on all your wonderful suggestions, but I must get in on this quickly. The pictures with the dogs, and sunsets are my favs. And I'm glad to see that sugar loss isn't affecting Ms. Vick I was concerned for a second:) I won't even bring up then the amazing chocolate chips cookies that will be baked this weekend;) (if it helps I won't eat any on your behalf)

Bumble-Bree said...

I am reading the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. Luv it! And I gleek all the time...........okay, no one needed to know that, but you admitted that you tried to last night. Isn't that worse? haha......or should I say LOL!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .