link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Once removed... | Priester Photography

Once removed...



*We (meaning me) are going to try something a little different.  I'll be posting a song that I happen to be enamored with at the beginning of each post from now on (or as long as it continues to work).  This will be much easier than making you go to the "Listen" tab that I can't remember to update anyway.  Besides, I need that tab for something else.*

Josh Ritter--The Curse
------------------------------------------------------------------------

When someone says, "He's my cousin, once removed"...what do they mean?

I have often wondered this...thinking at one time that it had something to do with being married into the cousin-hood.  Later I decided it must have something to do with divorce...a cousin by marriage would no longer be a cousin upon a divorce, so they would be "once removed".

Guess what?
I was wrong.

Twice.
Google to the rescue!

I found this site that explains it quite easily (not), at least as easy as it can.

Here's an excerpt...if you need a visual the site has charts:

Children of siblings are FIRST COUSINS to each other.


Children of FIRST COUSINS are SECOND COUSINS to each other.


Children of SECOND COUSINS are THIRD COUSINS to each other.

So much for the easy part. Now for the ONCE REMOVED, etc. part:

Starting with YOU, children of your FIRST COUSINS are your FIRST COUSINS, ONCE REMOVED.


Children of your FIRST COUSIN'S children, are your FIRST COUSINS, TWICE REMOVED.

So, your FIRST COUSIN'S son is your FIRST COUSIN, ONCE REMOVED.

And your FIRST COUSIN'S son's, son's daughter is..........your FIRST COUSIN, THREE TIMES, REMOVED.

Thus, your SECOND COUSIN'S child is your SECOND COUSIN, ONCE REMOVED.


Did you get all that?

I thought you would.

Now to explain this:
When I did Wacey's senior session last year he flattened himself on the wall (see below) during one of his "episodes", so I outlined him in chalk.

His brother Wyatt (above) flopped back on the concrete when I told him to change his pose, so I outlined him in chalk as well.
Weird?  Yes.

Slightly morbid?  Yes.

Funny?  To me it is.

And it's just how my mind works.

They should thank me because now they can have matching pictures hanging in the hallway.

Your welcome.
B

You can see the rest of Wyatt's session here under "Wyatt W".

1 comments:

WSMIL said...

As always pics are great, and the chalk outline is just funny! And I'm glad you googled said cousin info because if you waited and had your SGFNL explain it you would have felt your eyes glaze over and roll back in your head. Which is why I never include anybody as removed, they are all just labeled cousin:) They on the other hand "remove" me being related to them at all, but who can blame them;)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .