link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> I would like to reiterate... | Priester Photography

I would like to reiterate...

something I've mentioned several times on other posts...

I am not a music critic (nor have I ever claimed to be).
 I know nothing about musical composition,
musical instruments (are those bongo drums?),
 technical aspects of how music should sound,
or even what genre it would be classified under.
I am a person who takes pictures (some people might call me a photographer)...
and I enjoy music very, very much.

I might be addicted.
Enter Bauhaus Kaffee (yet again...are you sick of hearing about this place?)...
and musical entertainment brought to Bauhaus (once again) by Tim and Kerry Smith of Unique Ink.
There were two bands playing this particular evening.
First up was "The Big Idea".
This is them.

They're a local band.  They sang songs about places I know, like Piedmont and Marble Hill.

If you aren't from around "these here parts" you won't recognize those names.

But I am, and I did, and it was nice hearing them mentioned in a song.
I think my favorite from them was "Interrupted Lovers".  I liked the bum-bum beat on the foot drum thingie (see?  not a music critic).
I wish they would've interacted with the audience a wee bit more, but again... not a music critic.
The non-interaction made them seem a wee bit nervous which made me a wee bit nervous, but I guess that would be like someone judging my pictures based on how entertaining I am during their session.

Which would mean that unless you think falling off stools and tripping over your own feet is entertainment, I would get a C- in the entertainment while shooting catergory.

I found this statement on their website:
"'The Big Idea' isn’t just a band, it’s an idea that we have. The idea that three guys can trade off of on any number of instruments and make the people move…It’s an idea that songs from the heart and the soul should always beat out the radio songs."


Poetic.

And I particularly agree with the last sentence...heart and soul should ALWAYS beat out the manufactured radio music.
Up next we have "The Hot Seats".
They were very "tongue-in-cheek"...which, if you're a blog reader you know I love because I'm also a tongue-in-cheek-er.
Three cheers for tongue-in-cheek-iness!
I wish I could pay more attention to the lyrics while I'm shooting,
because one of the first songs they sang mentioned something about a mule wife.
Yes, a mule wife.

And I missed the whole import of the song since I was busy shooting.

I can only imagine what it might be about.
These guys, like the first band, swapped out instruments several times throughout their set (Did I just use that music term (set) correctly?)...
which I think is interesting and shows their flexibility.
I wish I were more flexible, but that's another subject for another time.
I think their music is referred to as "stringband".
I couldn't tell you what that means, but it sounds cool.
I mean, not the word stringband (though it sounds cool too), but the band.
The band sounds cool.
The stringband band.
And the word stringband sounds cool as well.
Stringband.
See?
Moving on...
I checked out their website and oh my, how original is that picture on the header?
I love it!

Their "Meet the Band" pictures could use a little rough polish...in my very humble opinion, of course.

I'm sure they would be a hoot to photograph...such personality!

Hmmm. I wonder where they could find a photographer?

I'll keep my eye out for them.
And anyway...what do I know about their pictures and whether or not they need polishing?
I'm just a...
oh...

wait a minute...I do know about this!
I'm a photographer!
Well, what do you know!
I think they need a photographer and I am a photographer!
What are the odds of that?
I'm really hoping that these pictures are drawing so much attention that no one is reading this mumble jumble.
I really don't even know what it means and I'm the one who typed it.

Thank you again Tim and Kerry, and thank you again Bauhaus for a wonderful evening of music and coffee.

What a great combination!
B

8 comments:

WSMIL said...

You are a photographer and a great date;) You might want to add that the food is amazing as well as the music and coffee!

Corey said...

These are great! I swear we took some of the same shots at the same time.

SeƱor Taco said...

the first guy needs shoestrings.

The Paul Johnston said...

Hi There, What great pictures and I LOVE your comments. Why don't you come over to Scotland and take great pictures?
Paul

B said...

Woooo-hooooo! I have my first international commenter (as far as I know anyway)! It would be a fellow blogger...The Paul Johnston. You can click his link above to view his blog.

Mr.Paul...Thank you for loving my comments. I would be most delighted to come to Scotland (you have no idea how delighted)...There's one problem (other than the fact that I can't afford a plane ticket) and that is that I would not be able to complete any work while visiting as I would too enthralled with listening to the people talk all day.

The accent makes me happy.

Though I'm sure if someone wanted to pay my way I could really concentrate hard and get the job done. :)
B

WSMIL said...

You can't go unless you take us with you:) And I promise we will see more than scotch distilleries;) And he is right about the pictures to, you so captured the moment. Makes me giggle just looking at them which is greatly appreciated.

Bell Lee Button said...

If you look in the background and see the small vintage picture of a lady.....she looks like drew barrymore. How odd? Why did i just notice that you might ask? I have no idea. I want to go there(not quite sure how to spell the restaurants name let alone pronounce it) too bad i live far away. I LUZ ME SUM COFFFFFEEEEE! haha that was a little on the extreme side but seriously i do.

M-a-licious said...

I find you entertaining, B.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .