link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Memory loss can be a good thing... | Priester Photography

Memory loss can be a good thing...

Rachael Yamagata--Duet


There are so many things I have to consider when I'm doing a session...before each shot.
Is the light right?

Does the background look good?

Is my shutter speed correct...
the aperature...


the ISO?
Am I at the right angle?

Am I zoomed out enough to allow for various crops?
Is my subject engaging with me/interested/relaxed?

Is my subject posed (or not posed) in the way that I want?

Am I conversing with the individuals that accompanied my clients?

Is my butt showing when I bend over?

Is the sweat dripping down my back visible?

Is my hair doing the frizzy, afro thing it does when I get hot?

(Sorry for the visual, but those are real concerns for me.)
I'm sure you would agree that those are a lot of questions to ponder.

And they run through my head in the milliseconds before I take each shot.

As you can imagine, this doesn't allow me a lot of time to proof each shot before I move on to the next one (especially with children).
Due to this fact, I often forget what shots I took during the beginning of a session.

Either because I didn't get to see it in the viewfinder, because I was shooting so quickly, or because my memory isn't what it used to be.

Usually the latter.

This (memory loss) starts out as a bad thing because I get a little panicky thinking that I didn't get any good shots.

Then it (memory loss) becomes a good thing because when I sit down to edit the session I see pictures that I didn't know I shot...

a look I didn't realize I'd captured...

or a moment I thought I'd missed.

It's like a little gift to myself when I open my images up in photoshop to see what I got...

and it makes me happy.
B

Up next:  The rest of Little J's session.

5 comments:

DebbyBruck said...

How the mind works truly amazes us. You are thinking too hard and worrying during the photo shoot. Relax. Take it easy on yourself. You're an excellent photographer. Let it flow naturally. Don't Worry, Be Happy.

Its like finding a $20 bill in the dryer after you've washed your clothes.

Debby
http://www.twitter.com/DebbyBruck

B said...

That is me relaxed! :) You should hear the description of me when I'm worked up...it's scary.

It's also like finding a $20 in a pair of pants you bought at a junk shop...and this actually happened to me.
B

M-a-licious said...

Does that song have a name? I like it.

B said...

Name added.

Brooklyn75 said...

You need to watch the video of a modivational speaker/comedian about the difference between men and women. In short, he says women are thinking of a million things all at once all the time whereas men have many boxes in their brains and their favorite box is the one called "NOTHING" -- so when they say they are thinking about NOTHING, they REALLY DON'T have any thoughts.

i.e. Delinda had Madison & Ethan with her in the car a few months ago and after some silence she asked E, "what are you thinking about?" He said "NOTHING". M's response was: "How can you be thinking about NOTHING? I was thinking about 5 different things just now!"

Poor E, he can't help it... he has the NOTHING box/gene... I wish I had it too!! :0)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .