link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Kid Speak | Priester Photography

Kid Speak

My daughters' friend has come to visit again...this time for the whole weekend.
This has enabled me to get yet another glimpse into the wonderful world of a child's mind.
Shortly after she expressed how she never gets to go anywhere and that she hopes to come with us to California next year, I hear our visitor pipe up from the backseat:
"OH!  A cornfield!"

I say (laughing), "You've never seen a cornfield?"

And she says (in a disappointed tone), "Not in real life."
Mercede then asks her, "Have you ever been to Tennessee?"

And she says, "No.  The most exciting place I've ever been to is a Cards game...
"and the mall.  We know it's a special treat when we get to go to the mall."
Then Mercede declares:

"Oh.  I love the mall!...My favorite part used to be the play area, but now (in a dreamy voice) it's the pretzels with cheese!"
I don't know why these little things crack me up so much, but they do.

I'm sure I'll have more kid-isms after this weekend as we're leaving in a bit to a pool party about two hours away.
And there's something about extensive drives that create chatty kids.
I'll take a notebook.
B

You can see the rest of these adorable specimens here under "Francis".

Up next:  Newborn Connor

5 comments:

MJ918 said...

Just where in CA are you going next year and when? You know you have people that live out here that you could visit!!! =D

Derek A. said...

That first one is one of favorites yet! Is that kid a pro or what?

WSMIL said...

Beautiful children! And some great photos! Just keep the kidism's coming they are soooo entertaining:)

Loris said...

To Derek she's not a pro just a very sweet little girl that I have had a pleasure to get to know the last 2 months. B these are great!

Bell Lee Button said...

Beautiful kids. I wish i was that cute. Haha. I guess i was sometimes. But only when sunglasses were taking up my entire face.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .