link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Geefles and Gonks...and the land of Snoo. | Priester Photography

Geefles and Gonks...and the land of Snoo.

This totally fun, happy little family are not Geefles.

Nor are they Gonks.

And I'm pretty sure they don't live on the planet "Snoo"...though with four children they may sometimes feel as if they do.  (I totally did NOT intend on making that rhyme...it just came out that way)

The key to finding the connection between Geefles, Gonks, and these family portraits is simply to realize that there's no connection at all.

I felt compelled to post a few sneak peeks from tonight's session and also to talk about an old Sesame Street skit reinforcing cooperation.

It's slightly unfortunate that these two thoughts collided at the same moment.

I'm sure Mrs. M won't mind.  Since we're about the same age, she may appreciate a little Sesame Street reflection. 

I have never talked to anyone else who remembers this skit.

Maybe it's my poor explanation of it.

My favorite part is the end:  "Let's call it "cooperation"!"..."No. Let's call it Shirley".

Why do I remember this?

To further convince you of my mental instability I'm also posting this video of my favorite Sesame Street characters...The Yip Yips.

They make me laugh.

You MUST watch it.  I'm posting this at 11:30pm in a house full of sleeping bodies but I'm laughing hysterically at this video.

Such great memories.

Of alien, muppet creatures.

It explains much.

More tomorrow....that is, more family session, not more Geefles, Gonks, and Yip Yips. 

If I can help it.
B

9 comments:

Lunsford said...

Ok I do remember the Geefle and the Gonk, but you could have explained it all day and I don't think I would have until I saw it. And I always loved the two aliens trying to figure out what stuff was. They make me laugh too. I watched much more Sesame Street than most, I skipped a lot of school and we only had pbs on the television most of the time.

Bookworm said...

I went to school with their oldest daughter. Anyway, I love the middle one with them. I thinkI like it because of the contrast in colors. Pink, blue-ish grey, white, and the hardwood. Love em'.

WSMIL said...

I totally didn't remember the First one until I watched the clip, and isn't interesting the different things that stick with us. However, I like Lunsford loved the aliens and the yip yip, they were high on my list of Sesame Street favs. Your mind does turn down some very interesting paths.

Now as for the actual pictures once again Wormy and I are on a similar page. I like the contrast in colors in the second one. But the last one is the best of these three. Looking forward to more pics and interesting turns of your brain:)

Bell Lee Button said...

Love them all! What a beautiful family. Back to school, YUCK!

Lunsford said...

Okay in one of those strange acidents of the universe I just learned a Sesame Street fact and I can't think of anyone who would appreciate it the way B would. If I was smart I would put a link but I am not that smart so you will just have to find Mental Floss on Twitter to see the picture of the original Oscar the Grouch, he was orange! Who knew.

Bell Lee Button said...

When are you ever going to post a new one?! B! It's driving me crazy. I have to have something to be happy about at school, and well.....not being able to see your beautiful pictures makes me very unhappy! Hehe. I will be patient, but really! Helpppppppppppp!

Bookworm said...

It has been 5 days! 5! Do you know how long that it is blogging years for us?! Please......new post!

WSMIL said...

I did not know Oscar used to be orange, amazing. And while I totally agree with the two previous posts (and gave it too her in person) I've learned she has had a very busy and involved couple of days. Wow it seems she doesn't just live for us, who knew:)

seƱor taco said...

B- I don't remember the geefle and gonk, I probably turned the channel as soon as they started that ridiculous skit.(although the punchline was pretty funny now... shirley) By the way B, Mr. Scary, I found out this weekend, he's not that scary.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .