link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Five Degrees | Priester Photography

Five Degrees

Brr,shiver, and brrr again.

This was not the ideal day for taking wedding shots in scenic Cape Girardeau.  But we did it and survived.

We jumped out of the car, posed, aimed and shot, then quickly jumped back in again in order to regain feeling in our fingers and toes at which point we jumped back out again.

This was taken on the banks of the "Mighty Mississippi" (I had to sing that in order to type it correctly).

Yes, that is the river behind them.  A river flowing with ice.  You could even hear it moving...it sounded somewhat like a blender set to low speed...churning.  Too bad it wasn't a river full of what I normally have in my blender when it's full of ice.  wink, wink

I must say that I got a little carried away with this one but you can't say it's not "different". 

I think I like it but the jury's still out.  I'm sure you'll give your testimony, just make sure it's backed up by facts and/or evidence.

Now this one?  I love.  Love, love, love it!  Oh my.  I can't stop looking at it.

I think it's called "passion".

There was a cute little man that walked by as we were shooting this one.  He yelled, "Do you have a permit for that?"  He chuckled to himself and then said, "The young man wants you to try that one about fifty more times."

I think he was right.

Oooo la-la. 

Here's a little color for those of you who have been asking for it.  I aim to please.  Most of the time.

Who knew that I would come to have such affection for an alleyway.
B

16 comments:

WSMIL said...

I am sorry but the "Passion in an Alleyway" just looks like an illicit trist. However, the story of the old man kills me! And the jury is in the one of the B&W with the bridge it is perfection!!! It is the perfect blend of everything, and I can give evidence to back this up if required:) I also like the first one, evidence is not necessary:)

I hope we are done with that whole 5 words thing because for me that is very difficult (I know you didn't need me to say that). I also wanted to tell the story on your last photo of that post about not being married and what a close call your FNL and I had. But I couldn't do it in 5 words. Now it no longer seems relevant but rather superfluous so you will just have to wonder:)

Anonymous said...

LAS:
NO I do not have any experience in photography but I think you are doing a great job.I absoultely love the alley way photos.Where were you when I got married. Oh yeah you were in it.

señor taco said...

Great photos, as usual. I'm just wondering how many small furry animals were harmed in making that coat. I think you'll be hearing from PETA, for sure. >;D

Firefly said...

B,Dont listen to my dad(señor taco)! But I am wondering if that was a real fur coat!
;)

Bookworm said...

These are like some of my favorite pictures you have like EVER taken! I love them! Not exggerating. I love the ones in the alley, I just do. That's that. ;)

Bell Lee Button said...

Omg! Those pictures were amazing! The black and white.....oh...the black and white...just redefined my life. Ok maybe not that much but still that was one of the best pics i have ever seen in my life! Oh and yes senor taco i am at school.....who cares!

WSMIL said...

Go figure for once Wormy and I aren't on the same page but Ms. Button and I are, different, new exciting just like the B&W that changed both our lives:)

PS: can't this count as extra school credit, look how it has redefined your life:)

M-a-licious said...

They are beautiful. sigh! I would marry the 2nd photo. It is so cool and purty and everything it should be plus some things that you could never imagine it would be.

The ones in the alley remind me of an old movie. Not any one in particular, just that type.

Bookworm said...

Not on the same page?! I loved the black and white. It looked like one of those pictures you would see in an Elle Magazine!

Lunsford said...

I love the one by the river, what a cool thing that you cought their majic moment, and also I would think a rare moment in time, I can't imagine that the river runs with ice very often. I have seen the mighty Miss. completely frozen over but that was in Minnesota so really no big deal.

And I can't stop looking at the one of them kissing in the alley, the texture just makes it majic. The other pictures of them in the alley are cool too but that one is just the cat's meow for me. Well done you.

Pul-yummy said...

Im Speechless..well execpt for this: I think you captured the moment quite PERFECTLY in these! Ok now im speechless! :)

Señor Taco said...

Pul-Yummy speechless? Ya Right! I've known you for almost 10 years, so far you always have something to say.

B- Ready for more pics, come on, you act like you have other stuff to do...

Bell Lee Button said...

Senor Taco...i wouldn't mess with a busy woman if i were you. Am i right, ladies, or am i right? I know where you live senor...haha
WSMIL-i am glad we are on the same page. Haha. Great minds think alike.

Bryce said...

I love the kiss in the alley way. It screams Hollywood to me.

WSMIL said...

Ms. Button I hear we are actually ruthless, wouldn't describe ourselves that way would you?

RHarmon said...

I constantly find myself amazed and awed at the perception you have. I love reading your blog too. But definitly love the pictures, gonna have to book you for our family pictures...but I warn you Josh is such a perfectionist but I know you will rise to the occasion.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .