link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Ice Box | Priester Photography

Ice Box


The husband and I went shopping.

For an ice box.
For those of you that don't know what an "ice box" is...it's what most people call a refrigerator.

But I call it an ice box.

My children make fun of me.
They also get frustrated because if I say, "Sweep the floor" it could mean sweep the floor or it could also mean "vacuum the floor".

I like to keep things interesting.
While shopping for the aforementioned "ice box", the husband took me to Panera Bread (or St. Louis Bread Company as some people know it) for supper (or dinner as some people call it).
As much as I love the food, I also love the environment.

We sat by the fake fireplace where I warmed my tootsies and ate broccoli cheddar soup.

It was nice.
The only problem is that while Matt and I were conversing I kept getting sidetracked by the people around me.

Call it observant, call it curious, call it nosey...whatever it is, I'm it.

People intrigue me.
I was deeply enthralled with the personality of one of the cashiers.  She was so bubbly and talkative...it was infectious.  She was talking to an older gentleman and his wife, trying to get him to activate his Panera saver card thingie and he thundered back that he wasn't going to do that because they asked him for his social security number.

I giggled.
The waitress giggled and then caught herself and assured him that the number they were asking for was the customer number on the card, not his social.

He vehemently denied it and said they wanted that information in order to send him advertisements and he didn't want any part of it.

I giggled again.

The waitress waited on the next person in line who had a baby with them.

Another cashier took someone's twenty dollar bill.  After she entered the twenty in the computer the customer gave her $.20 so she would only get back bills.  The cashier said, "Oh.  I'm sorry, I already entered it.  I could change it but it would require a manager and take forever."

??

I almost flunked out of 8th grade math and I could have given her back correct change.

But I also carhopped at Dog N Suds, so I guess that gives me the upper hand.
The social security couple sat beside us and argued somewhat loudly about someone coming on a plane and who was picking up who and who was dropping off who.  It ended somewhat abruptly.
It was at this point that I noticed someone staring at me.
It was Matt.
He was laughing.
At me.
We joked briefly about how engrossed I get in people watching and I humored him by listening to the story that he had started to tell me but couldn't finish because he saw that I was in another world.

I smiled at him and took another bite of soup.
And then I saw an old guy walk by carrying a purple purse on his shoulder!
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Leach Family".

Up next:  Whatever my little heart desires.

8 comments:

Bell Lee Button said...

That was the funniest thing i heard all day. Wow! You sure did have an interesting day. I bet if Matt was just happening to tell you the house was burning down or your great-grandma died you would just be laughing becuase your not paying attention and watching an old couple argue. hahahahaha! cracks me up!

Bell Lee Button said...

Oh yea and great pics! Ah-dorable baby!

Derek said...

There are a lot of job interviews that take place there. I enjoy hearing the applicants try their best to sound educated and career oriented.

Anonymous said...

That is one thing that is irritating to me that when you hand a cashier change after they have already entered in the amount and it is just such a foreign concept to them to realize that they could figure out your change in their head instead of relying on the cash register. Also if maybe your total comes to something like 2.54 and you give them .04 that really stumps them.

M-a-licious said...

The first baby pic looks like she is curled up in a bird's nest. A cute bird's nest.

WSMIL said...

I won't even comment (because I wouldn't stop) on the change thing! And for a change of pace on your next date night (yes I consider shopping for an icebox a GREAT date night) you make up peoples stories for them:) You observe them and then tell each other their stories, sometimes you can overhead and see how close you were;) (also GREAT date night, yes any place with my hubby is date night)

Anonymous said...

Was it a Fridgedair? That is what they call it in my in-laws family. Never by what it is but by the brand it is. You don't watch their TV but watch their new Sanyo!

SandraSkiles said...

I really LOLd the whole time I was reading this- the last line was killer!! So hilarious! I love watching people too. It's so interesting!! But also I felt bad for Matt while reading this. Also, that baby is precious!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .