link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Marilyn, Betty and Clara... | Priester Photography

Marilyn, Betty and Clara...

Since I'm sick *sniff* and I have a fever *sniff* I decided that I would allow myself to edit something other than client work so I wouldn't risk wrecking their photos while I'm hopped up on ibuprofen.
 Which brings us to December 3rd.
That's when I got together with two friends of mine and we became Marilyn, Betty and Clara and took on the big city of Fredericktown.
Not really.
But we did pick up my son from school which prompted lots of staring and then we went to the winery for lunch.

This is Betty Page. 
The blond is Marilyn Monroe (obviously).. 
And I was Clara Bow, a silent film star (which is ironic don't you think?).
There are no pictures of me because it turns out that I don't like my face.
 Or at least I didn't on this particular day.

Maybe next time.
Marilyn here was the mastermind behind the hair and she also brought the vintage hair accessories.
 
 As she should have since she owns Belle Blossoms and makes them.
 I own a few of her creations.

They make me feel pretty and retro.

I like feeling pretty and retro.
This shot below was the highlight of this shoot for me.

I like to deconstruct vintage images and attempt to recreate them.

 
It's obviously not an exact replica but I think we did pretty stinkin' good.
 
Especially for a first attempt at this sort of thing.

Yeah for us!

You will be seeing more of this line of work in the future.

I caught more than just the flu bug...I caught the vintage recreation bug!

Sorry.

It's the fever talking.
B

Up next:  My little baby all grown up.


6 comments:

SandraSkiles said...

Like em. Wish you would've put some of you though.

Anonymous said...

Loovvveee them! More, more, more! Me want more!

lori said...

Well she might of if she had someone to operate her camera well enough.I really tried I promise.Love the shots but a couple of the ones in color take some getting used to. I dont even remember the one of me laughing. We need more girls day out Call me anytime

Ashes of Abdication said...

Wow you really did really good with coping marilyn!! I love your new bug!!! haha yeah to vintage recreation!!!

Bell Lee Button said...

Vintage is my fav! I just bought a cute 40's dress....i really likey!

Eirin Edvardsen said...

I really would have loved to see you as Clara Bow. Love her!!! Fantastic retro looks! I go for the Bettie look:-)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .