link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Lemon Knees | Priester Photography

Lemon Knees

My job is physically demanding.

Not so much so as say, a drywall hanger or a concrete finisher, but still demanding.

Especially considering my petite frame out-of-shape body.
 This "demand" makes itself most apparent on my back (from carrying around lights and moving heavy backgrounds) and my knees (from kneeling for long periods of time). 
 The back issue isn't visible (unless I've become a hunchback and no one has told me yet), but the knee issue has become dishearteningly obvious.

Or at least it will as summer time arrives.
 I took action by following my mother's advice to put put lemons on them to reduce discoloration and callus formation.

It stings.

I've yet to determine if it actually works or if she was just trying to see how long she could get me to sit in a chair with lemon halves on my knees (and elbows).

She's like that.
 While I investigated the condition of my leg joints I reevaluated a little bluish dot in the flesh right above my left knee.

It's a piece of lead.
Not bullet lead (if only I could be so interesting)....no...pencil lead...or technically, graphite.

It's been there for a very, very long time.
 While I sat marinating in lemon halves, my sister and I considered the facts surrounding how a piece of pencil lead managed to get outside of a pencil and inside of my knee...
 It turns out that she put it there.

I have no idea what my angelic self could have possibly done to instigate such an act of violence but so it happened.
 She chased me through the house with her weapon (the pencil).

I ran into the bathroom which, as it turns out, is not a good escape plan when someone is chasing you with a pencil.

I then made the fatal mistake of sitting down on the toilet to use my feet to deflect her blows which left my knees vulnerable (obviously).

She took the moment of opportunity and inflicted her blow.

I bled.

We both go blank after that.
Consider this a public service announcement.

Pencils can hurt people.

Never sit on a toilet to protect yourself from a pencil wielding maniac.  Run...run like the wind.

The more you know...
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Rehkop Family".

Up next:  Penwell

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little girls!

WSMIL said...

Your mother wasn't secretly laughing as you sat with lemon on your knees, it is a well known treatment for the skin, and is good for the face, hair and hands as well, but thank you for the tip about the pencil wielding maniac, that info will come in useful!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .