link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Love and marriage, love and marriage... | Priester Photography

Love and marriage, love and marriage...

♫ go together like a horse and carriage.
This I tell you brother,
You can't have one without the other.  ♪

On this day 14 years ago this is what I was doing:
These were scanned with an obviously dirty scanner...please ignore the dust spots.

Ain't that the cutest young man you ever did see?

I thought so.

 Here he is with his best man (right side) and our good friend that married us.  Incidentally, these were three of the boys mentioned in the newspaper article a few posts back.  And they would've looked as they do in this picture since the "rescue" took place the following year. 

Just a little bonus information there.
This is me and "my girls".  From left to right:  My little sister, my maid of honor (the best man/hero's wife), me, Lori (her 13th anniversary was yesterday--Happy Anniversary!), and Leah (who actually "went out with" Matt years ago).

I hope you're writing this all down.  There might be a quiz.

And one other interesting little tidbit from our wedding day pictures...
This little girl...
is now this young woman.

Wowzers!
Dancing with my dad.  Yes, his eyes are red.  He cried.  A lot.  In fact, the rumor was that someone called him four days after the wedding and he was still crying.

He probably wouldn't have cried so much if he realized that I'd still be living right next door fourteen years later.

Speaking of crying...this shot is for those of you who refuse to believe that I shed tears.
I'm not heartless...now I have proof!  I love this picture, by the way.  I love the mirrored image and the fact that mom is holding a whole kleenex box (she always has been the prepared type), the tulips that Matt bought me to carry down the aisle because I was going to carry someone else's bouquet to save money, and my wonderful hairdo that I did all by myself.  Yes, I'll say it...I'm economical.

As someone who photographs weddings I've noticed that the one thing that most couples forget on their wedding day is to have fun.

According to our pictures, we didn't have that problem...

We goofed off during pictures....

made faces and giggled...
and I wore my teddy bear house shoes instead of ballet slippers.  Hey... anyone who knows me, knows I am NO ballerina.  Why try to fake it?
But as far as the fun goes, this next series of events was the icing on the cake.

Quite literally.

In this shot, Matt is whispering, "I'm gonna get Danny, you get Khrysy."  And I'm saying, "For real?"
(Khrysy is thinking, "la-la-la, I got to buy a pretty dress...la-la-la", and Danny is thinking, "Mmm, cake!")
For real.

This cracks me up every time.

We took the tradition of shoving cake in your spouse's face to a whole new level.
And then, because I'm evil, I shoved some in Matt's face.  Just look at the satisfaction in my body language!
It was a short lived victory though, because Matt fought back...
with a vengeance.

I had cake up my nose and down my dress.

Oh my.  Good times!

----------------------------------------------------

I was sound asleep last night when Matt started shoving me and whispering, "Hey!"..."Hey."

I grumbled something like, "What?  I'm not cleaning up any more of our children's vomit."

And he said, "Happy Anniversary" and rolled over.

I sat up and looked at the clock to see  that it was 12:04 in the morning.

It must be true love because I didn't punch him in the face.
B

33 comments:

Lunsford said...

Wow I get to be the first to say Happy Anniversary, at least on your blog. Matt clearly way beat anyone else. And I guess it is a little to my advantage that I spent the day with you and I knew you were going to post this. I love the pictures, thanks for sharing. Of course wedding pictures are just the beggining of the story, my point is that any two idiots can dress up and say some vows, but it takes much more to make it last 14 years. Well done both of you!

WSMIL said...

That may be the second most romantic thing I've known Matthew to do recently. They really start to come around after 14 years. FNL says things that just make my heart melt, and I guess I'm not sorry to admit that publicly. Thanks for the look back, and though some of us don't think so, most of us look better now (I'm not kidding).

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! LOVE YOU BOTH!!! (guess that is ok to admit publicly to;)

Señor Taco said...

Why dad cried? New Son-in-law.

I "mustache" you a question.

Punch him, punch him anyway.

Ashes of Abdication said...

Hey!!! happy Anniversary!!! my parents anniversary was yesterday!!!but only 18 yrs ago!!! haha

Ashes of Abdication said...

oh and i love how you said " it must have been true love cuz i didnt punch him in the face" that was hilarious!!!

Jennifer James said...

Happy Anniversary from the James family. When Melody saw the first picture, her response was "Wow! Matt was handsome back then!" Congrats on 14 years!

M-a-licious said...

That's a sweet story. I love the commentary with the pictures, especially since I don't remember a thing that happened that day. Don't punch your hubby. It was sweet, though I think the line between sweet and annoying are quite blurry at 12:04am. Happy Anniversary!

B said...

Thanks everybody!

Senor Taco...I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants. I was going to comment on the 'stache but decided I would try to be nice. :)

Should I post one of Rob?
teehee
B

Yucca Legs said...

Matt and Brandi look like they were 18, oh wait they were.

camera man said...

Melody thought he was handsome then because she is now about his age, then. Get it?

WSMIL said...

Ashes how interesting about your folks. My parents anniversary was yesterday as well but it was more than double your parents 18. I'd say exactly but then you could do the math on my age:) But a whole lotta good years!

PS: Thank you Taco you say more in 5 words than I say in pages, I didn't have the same experience as the B but I did have a good laugh:)

Bell Lee Button said...

Did you notice that back them M-A-LICIOUS's eyes were brown and now they are like completely different! Haha.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I know the guy with da 'stache, haha! Hasn't changed much except for a couple of pounds...haha...jk....hehe...im a bad girl!

Bell Lee Button said...

Ya know something that immediately hit me as i look at pics of you from when you were like a infant, B, you were a teenybopper, not to say you still aren't! And, well, so am I. We have something in common!

WSMIL said...

Late tired just noticed opening.

married with children opening song.

Just what are you saying;)

Peg and Ed you're not:)

at least I hope not!

PS: Ms. Button: Pounds make us look better:) hehehe (so wait seriously)

Bumble-Bree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bumble-Bree said...

Okay, not sure about Matt and handsome....! but, B you were (and still are) so pretty! Pretty wedding dress, too. Button? Too busy you say to talk to me? But you have time to post comment after comment? I see.........I see.........

Bell Lee Button said...

Did you notice the time though? Taco came over and showed me how to get the pics on and then i commented. And so ya i have good reasons to be on here for a total of 15 minutes. Plus, everytime i get on IM you are never on! So really its not my fault.

Señor Taco said...

B, waiting for Rob Photo.

Bumble-Bree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Señor Taco said...

Personal Issues... invading this space!

B said...

I concur with Senor Taco.

Complain on your own blog.

B

Mrs. Scary said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!
Congrats are in order for the King and Queen B.
Loved the walk down your memory lane. Thanks for sharing it.

Bumble-Bree said...

I compliment you, and this is what I get, B! I'm being moved out of the blogging circle, I beleive. Farewell, people.

Anonymous said...

It's believe, not "beleive"

Señor Taco said...

Don't go bookworm, be HAPPY ;)

"We are family"... Sing it!

Firefly said...

I agree with señor taco on that one! Singing it always make people feel better! "we are family.....all your brothers,sista's and me...."

Bell Lee Button said...

Dont be dramatic bookworm. You know you'll be back. Haha. Anyways, sorry if i seemed pushy or whatever you took the wrong way. Because all i am saying is i don't have all the time in the world. I'm not home all day like some people.

Bell Lee Button said...

(CHORUS:)
We are family
I got all my sisters with me
We are family
Get up ev'rybody and sing

Ev'ryone can see we're together
As we walk on by
(FLY!) and we fly just like birds of a feather
I won't tell no lie
(ALL!) all of the people around us they say
Can they be that close
Just let me state for the record
We're giving love in a family dose

(CHORUS x2)

Living life is fun and we've just begun
To get our share of the world's delights
(HIGH!) high hopes we have for the future
And our goal's in sight
(WE!) no we don't get depressed
Here's what we call our golden rule
Have faith in you and the things you do
You won't go wrong
This is our family Jewel

Bell Lee Button said...

ok.....i never said that.....i swear.....somebody is trying to be me!!!!!!!!! What is going on?!

Bell Lee Button said...

Senor Taco did you do this? I declare identity theft!

WSMIL said...

New post needed, move on:)

Mr. Scary said...

Happy Anniversary to the Royal Couple. How strange to life, married life that is, that this blog happens to be. There was happy and there was sad, there was ubiquitous jealousy/bitterness as well as half-hearted apologies and get-over-it's. There was even a, dare I say, separation possibility. What a whirlwind we have here. I feel the need to apologize for not joining the fun sooner. I now feel somewhat...left out. How droll is that?!? Oh well, maybe I'll catch some better action the next go 'round...I just hope the B royalty aren't thinking the same thing. Once again, Happy Anniversary from the Scary clan.

B said...

Thank you Scary clan. Well said.
B

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .