link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> This family... | Priester Photography

This family...

this family was a riot.

I usually have fun when I'm shooting because it's what I love to do, but this...this was ridiculous.

They entered the studio in a flurry of talking, smiling and laughing and exited it the same way.

I loved it.  It was so refreshing.
A lot of the time, family sessions can be a little tense.  It's not easy getting all of those bodies situated in an aesthetically pleasing manner to look pretty for the camera.

Typically, you'll get someone or a few someones in the group who aren't happy and therefore not cooperative.
I'll just say it...it's the men. It's always the men that give me trouble. But these men, bless their little hearts, did exactly what they were told.

The pop of the clan even went so far as to change his socks upon request (it's a long story)...and they weren't even his socks. They were my husbands. Yes, they were clean...what kind of psycho do you take me for?

Maybe it helped that I knew a few of them before they came to the studio.

The lovely woman on the right is my hairdresser...beautician...stylist.  I don't know what I'm supposed to call her.

She cuts my hair.  That simplifies it.

 She owns a super cute salon called "Escarlate" in our teensy little town.

I rode the trade school bus with her husband in high school.  I'm pretty sure he teased me many times throughout the year for various reasons, one of which could have been my nerdiness, but my memory isn't what it used to be, so we'll let it slide this time.
The woman in the middle used to be the secretary at the high school I graduated from.

I've been to yard sales at her house.

Yes, yard sales...that's the kind of girl I am.
The girl on the left, though I hadn't met her prior to this shoot, is the owner of a cute little boutique called "Jennie Annie's" in Farmington, Missouri.  I haven't been there yet.  But as soon as I visit, I'm sure you'll hear all about it.

She, like myself, has a love for all things antique.

As for the last two gentlemen, I don't really know anything about them. 

Except that the one in the black shirt likes to tilt his head to the right (despite my suggestions that he tip it to the left) and the one in the middle wore the wrong socks to a photoshoot one time.
B

*The rest of their session will be up in the next few days.  Thank you for your patience.*

29 comments:

cybil said...

What a great looking family...might be biased as I am related & love them all dearly. Love your work!

Bell Lee Button said...

cybil......there was a movie with a girl with that name......i wouldn't suggest it. It was quite scarry. If you are in the picture though, what a lovely family!

WSMIL said...

Not related so no bias.
What a great looking family!
Pictures great but of course;)

Anonymous said...

Where has everyone gone, defectors?

Bell Lee Button said...

I know i keep thinking about that! I have like nothing to say because nobody else is commenting! Hellllloooooo?

WSMIL said...

I love being labeled nobody, thanks Ms. Button;)

So how about what kind of cheese do you like, or do you like cheese?

Anonymous said...

Please to excuse, I again your page. Socks why to change. Cheese why all, how you say obsesionado, does translate? Gracias.

Someone said...

Anonymous: I did not get that at all. Was that the point? Or can you just not talk? Hehe. Sorry I have not commented lately, I bet you all missed me, huh? Just kidding! Anyone wonering who I am? Just wondering again. Hehe.

Someone said...

wondering* I cannot spell!

WSMIL said...

I think you can spell I'm not sure you can read you spelled it correctly both times;)

PS: I think anonymous is spanish, they have been on before and have trouble with English.

Señor Taco said...

first time wonering,second right.
read carefully wsmil, slow down.
good photos B, no video

WSMIL said...

Oh yes I see now!
Nice to have Taco back.
Did you get blown away?

WSMIL said...

PS: Nice photo Taco, hehehe

Mr. Scary said...

Diggin' the pics Queeny. How many do you have to take to get this many good ones...you know, without at least one person looking dorkie? Just wondering or wonering if that's your gig.

WSMIL said...

I'm not sure she should answer that question;)

Bell Lee Button said...

Oh dear i am sorry WSMIL you just don't stick out as much. It's like you are invisible. Just kidding with ya. Ya....so i am glad people took my suggestion and came back from the dead. Luv you all! Haha. Tata.

Mr. Scary said...

Button, why would you apologize for saying WSMIL doesn't stick out as much? Obviously it means she has lost weight....maybe lots of it. I knew it was bad advice on Queenies part to subliminally suggest that we all eat ice cream late at night. Thanks WSMIL you've helped me be determied to kick the habit as well.
And Button your powers of suggestion are truly mind-numbing, I'm sure we all came back because of you.... or not.

WSMIL said...

Not lots of weight Scary, but some and thanks for noticing;) I'm glad I'm able to inspire someone, that is rather unusual for me.

And Ms. Button this is the World Wide Web, and I prefer to keep some things to myself:) We have people on here I don't know and apparently some foreigners. As to where everyone went I don't think they went anywhere, they just have more to do than you and I;)

Mr. Scary said...

Sorry WMSIL I don't think I've noticed any of your weight loss since I really don't know who you are. Although it's possible I did notice and just didn't know it was really you....the thinner you, that is. As to the "just have more to do than you and I"...probably not in my case. In the line of work I'm in, my whole world is my couch, my tv and my computer. There's not a lot that peaks my interest anymore, sometimes it's my scarecrow wife, sometimes it's my itchy feet. The last few posts didn't beat either of those out, hence my absence.

Anonymous said...

Pique not peak.

WSMIL said...

Sorry Scary but that doesn't work because I'm fairly positive I know who you are:) And I know we are not always interesting we will try to do better in the future. Hate to bore you;)

anonymous it is piques but definitely not peaks;) wow have we gotten fastidious!

Señor Taco said...

blah, blah, blah, new post!
pique or peak ... who cares?
fastiduous, no not really, drip.
Drip is a funny word.

B said...

Flatulence is funnier.
B

Anonymous said...

Gobbledygook

A 20th century term used to describe nonsensical language like that used by government bureaucrats.

M-a-licious said...

I know who the Spanish anonymous is. I feel so special. (I know what you are thinking so there's no need to say it.)

WSMIL said...

Is it one of us? I thought we had a stranger visiting, what a let down.

M-a-licious said...

Stranger.

WSMIL said...

If it is a stranger how do you know who it is. Maybe we need to upgrade you to Super Sleuth:)

Anonymous said...

I think I know who it is, too. Let's just say I persuaded them.........dun dun dun!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .