link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Skip the Loo | Priester Photography

Skip the Loo

Have you ever went to the restroom in a public place that was less than stellar in the cleanliness department?
The kind of place where you flush the toilet with your foot even if you don't normally take such precautions?
When I find myself in this situation it causes me to reevaluate my regular bathroom routine which is as follows:
Enter bathroom.

Go to bathroom.

Flush toilet.

Wash hands.

Exit.
As I'm flushing the toilet with my shoe and hugging my shoulders into my body to avoid touching anything I have to ask myself a question which you may consider ludicrous.
The question is this:  Do I really want to wash my hands in here?
Because while one may think that washing one's hands would be the best thing to do in this (sometimes literally) sticky situation, I have weighed the options and discovered that sometimes, in fact, it is not.
If I follow my normal procedure I touch the door, my butt touches the toilet seat, I touch the toilet paper, the sink handle, the soap dispenser, the paper towel dispenser, and then the door again.
That is a lot of touching.

Particularly when it is touching things that have very obviously been touched by very unclean people.

Or at least people with depth perception problems when it comes to using a toilet seat properly which leads me to believe that they may have other "problems" as well.

Problems I don't particularly want to touch.
My "dirty bathroom use" policy only involves three contacts with the offending loo.

Touch the door.

Touch the toilet paper.
And my butt touches the toilet seat.

(Sometimes.)
This method must be less dirty.

Even minus the soap and water.

And thank goodness for travel-sized wipes.

PS--I realize that the cleanest method would be to use a different restroom, but when you gotta go, you gotta go.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Royer Senior."

3 comments:

Derek said...

I happen to agree with your reasoning here. I avoid touching a door at all costs though. If I have to use a knob to enter I wash my hands before, if I have to to exit, I use a paper towel. The use of the back of my hands is sometimes necessary as well. :)

Anonymous said...

great pics...6,7,8,11.my faves...as to the "loo" issues....i will leave others to ponder the depth of fears....great shots though

WSMIL said...

I went to school with a girl who never sat on a toilet seat, even in a clean bathroom. Only you would provide me with a place to share that info:) And I concur with Derek, never touch the door, ever!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .