link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> I need a hit. | Priester Photography

I need a hit.


I was complaining to Matt last night about my insatiable need to be "working".
 The conversation (or tirade) went like this:

Me:  I just don't understand.  It's like I can't be okay with doing nothing.
Me: Do you know that every night when I'm laying in bed I make a list in my head of all the things I want to accomplish the next day?

That sounds normal, right?

Wrong!
Me again:  Because I make a list of like three things that I know I can accomplish in one day (which sounds normal) but then I decide that I should add three more things to the list because then if I happen to accomplish the first three things and have time left over I won't be left without something to do.

Does that sound normal?
 Still Me:  Because I can not stand the feeling of twiddling my thumbs...of being idle...of not accomplishing something no matter how small it may be.

I need to be doing!  Or at least on the way to doing.
 Um, Me:  In fact, (raising my finger in the air) as much as I love reading books, I really only read when it's on the "list" in my head.

How disturbing is that?

 Me (I'm almost finished):  I mean, don't get me wrong, I can relax as well as the next guy, but only if I feel like I've accomplished enough that day and everything is mentally ticked off of my "list".

I like to do things!

I like to be working!
 Me (last one, I promise):  Is this called "driven"?  Because I don't feel like a particularly driven person.  I'm not even really accomplishing that much.

Seriously.  Why do I need to be "getting stuff done" to feel great?  I feel like an addict.

What's wrong with me?!
 Matt:  *breathing in deeply

*breathing out deeply
Matt again:  We really have nothing in common.

Us:  *Laughing hysterically
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Watson Senior".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

could come from having been over-booked for so long...you have to justify to yourself it is okay not to have a full agenda....

Anonymous said...

Bahhahahhaa... That's totally Mark and I too. I can't seem to sit still, and he can't seem to get moving! If we could only trade brains for a day... then I'm sure we'd be ready for our own back!
Manda

WSMIL said...

Once again thanks, needed a good laugh this morning. And naturally thanks to google, yes you might have a problem, but don't worry there are many people out there just waiting to help:)

Love these pictures, especially the black and white group of him making faces!

Tammy M said...

Love the pics so much that I forgot to check out the blog. This one made me laugh out loud while sitting alone in my office :) I hope you take some time for yourself today!! Too bad you can't rip that mental list in half & give it to your husband ;)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .