link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Mother of the Year | Priester Photography

Mother of the Year

My daughter had a slumber party.
Which meant that I had 6 teenage girls in my house.
 At the same time.
 And they wanted me to take their pictures.
So I did.
Because I'm a good mommy.
Sometimes.


 Except when I don't acknowledge apologies.
 And when I laugh at them when they fight.
And when I tease Summer about her lisp (that isn't really a lisp).
          
 And when I tease Mercede about her "baby got back".
 And when I tell London that he's a nerd.
 And when the girls ask me how their hair looks and I ask them if they brushed it.
 And when I burp in front of their friends.
 And when I make them listen to my music on the car ride home from picking up their friends from an hour away.
 And I sing as loud as I can to that music for the majority of that hour.
 And I shake my butt to that music (as well as someone can shake their butt while driving a van full of teenagers).
 And when  they're trying to get my attention by saying, "Mom...mom...mom", and I can't hear them because I'm a mom and I can tune that stuff out so they have to yell, "Brandi!" to get me to acknowledge them.
 And when I leave a whole days worth of dishes in the sink for them to wash when they get back from staying at a friend's house overnight because I didn't want to do them.
 And when they get hurt and I just pat them and tell them they'll be fine instead of being all consoling and nurturing.
 And when they ask what we're having for supper and I tell them to make some toast with peanut butter on it.
 And when they try to kiss me and I tell them their breath stinks and I make them go brush their teeth.
 And when they ask me a difficult math question like, "What's 8x7?" and I tell them to go ask their father.
 And when they say something funny and I start laughing really hard and they say, "You are NOT blogging about this" and I try to convince them to let me blog about it.
 And when I blog about things they tell me not to blog about because it's "embarrassing".
 And when I pinch their butts because they're just too cute.
But other than that I think I'm a pretty good mom.

I'm pretty sure these pictures prove it.

Or at least make up for it.

Right?
B

You can see the rest of the slumber party pictures (yes, there are more) here under "Slumber Party".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics... great blog... whether you were supposed to blog about it or not. If you were to apologize for blogging about it, do you think they'd accept it?
;-) Manda

WSMIL said...

I say the things you do make you a great mom, if you don't scar them someone else will:) And besides our mothers did the same thing, and look how great we turned out.

Kristi said...

And that is why we love you so!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .