link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Things I don't know... | Priester Photography

Things I don't know...

or am unsure of most of the time.
 Disclaimer--This is not the exhaustive list.

By any stretch of the imagination.
 1.  What is 8x7?
 Sure, sure.  It's 56, but if someone were to walk by and say, "Hey.  What's 8x7?"  I would be all, "Um...well...8x4 is 32, plus 32 would be 64 minus 8 is 56...56!  8x7 is 56!  Woot woot!"  And then I'd do a fist pump as the person walked away confused.
 2.  What is 7x6?
 See explanation for number one and replace 8,7, and 56 with 6, 7, and 42.

Technically the seven could just stay the same...it's up to you.
 3.  How many states are in the United States of America?
 I realize there are 50 states (48 contiguous) (and no, I did not just Google that to make sure), but if I was on a quiz show and I had to slap the buzzer and answer the question "How many states are in the US?" I would instantly say "52"!
And then I'd be like, "Wait a minute.  That's cards.  Hmm.  It's fifty...fifty states!"  But it would be too late and I would lose the round and then the game because I would be all flustered because I confused states of a nation with a deck of cards and then I would go home and be sad about losing all that money so I would make myself read a geography book from cover to cover as punishment. 
 4.  How many cards are in a deck?
 See explanation for number 3 only strike it and reverse it.
 5.  What is the difference between conscious and conscience?
The only way I can keep them straight while spelling is to remember that conscience equals "con" plus "science" or "with science" because consciences confuse scientists.

And obviously me.
And yes, there are major differences in the actual meaning of the words...for instance, you wouldn't say someone was knocked unconscience.
  Well, I guess you could, but it wouldn't make any sense.

Unless when they were knocked in the head it actually knocked their inner feeling of right and wrong out their brain.

But I'm not sure that's even possible.
 Wait!  Was that question number 6?

Yes.  We're calling that number six.
 7.  What year was any major war fought in?
 I just really have no idea.

All I know for sure is that World War I came before World War II.
 Didn't it?
 Seriously, that was a joke.  But I get really confused by all the wars and when they were and who won (as if anybody did) and why it was fought in the first place.

This is particularly challenging when I'm reading a book that throws bits of a war in as background or a piece of the character's history because I can't get a visual of the time frame.
 Are they sporting a bayonette or driving around in a tank?

Are they riding a horse or in a jeep?

Do they have grenades or machetes? 

While these things aren't often crucial to the story it's still irritating.
 8.  What do you put on a burn?
Not butter.

Butter?

No.

Ice?

Never.

Peanut butter?

No.  What is with you and butter?

Ah.  Chocolate!

What is wrong with you?  Are you going to eat the burn or help it heal.

Cold water.

Very good.  You put cold water on a burn.

That is all.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Kearstin Carr".

3 comments:

Derek said...

8x7 is etched in my brain forever thanks to my 2nd or 3rd grade math teacher. Maybe you should write it over and over like I had to.

Heather said...

1. What is 8x7?
I read that as 8 by 7, not 8 times 7 and was thinking "that's an odd photo size", my brains not working yet this morning.
That first B&W is stunning! Her eyes just draw you in....

Bumble-Bree said...

I did the same thing, Heather! 8 TIMES 7...not 8 BY 7... :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .