link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Just Biggest. | Priester Photography

Just Biggest.

My sister somehow convinced me that I needed to join a Biggest Loser type challenge with her, my mom and my two daughters.
 We had a weigh in on the Wii Fit.

I'm overweight.

Surprise, surprise.
 Based on the battery of tests the little Wii robot subjected me to, my "Wii Fit age" is 35.

Not bad since I'm 34.

Summer, however, did not fare so well.  The robot mechanism decided that she has a "Wii Fit age" of 44.
She's 12. 

She stumbled during an apparently crucial part of the testing process.
 Mercede dutifully wrote down our weight and BMI as documentation and we noted what we were wearing  so we could wear the same thing on the following weigh in.
 Which was today.

One week later.

Our goal is to lose two pounds in two weeks.
I haven't had a soda in a week.

I've been consciously eating more fruits and vegetables.
 I haven't had ice cream at night while I'm working.

I've been eating Greek yogurt and granola as a substitute for dinner on hectic nights. 
 I've been drinking more water.

And less tea.
 And when I stepped on the measuring robot device I was fairly optimistic that I may have lost one pound in one week.
The results?

My mom lost .9 pounds.

My sister lost .2 pounds.

Mercede neither lost nor gained.

Summer conveniently arranged to be at a friends house during the weigh in.

And me? 
 I gained 2.4 pounds.

For real.

After I stomped my feet and whined and threw the Wiimote across the room and made a sad face and declared that I was getting a big, fat soda to drink first thing in the morning my sister said not to get discouraged and mom said it was probably muscle because it weighs more than fat.

And then she got a proud look on her face and declared, "I guess I'm the biggest loser and you're the biggest gainer."

And then they all laughed.
Ah.  What a support group.

I'm sure this is going to work out splendidly.

Here's to losing 4.2 pounds in one week.

Right after I finish off this bowl of ice cream...
B

3 comments:

WSMIL said...

I'll write more when I stop laughing, thanks!

Anonymous said...

remember last month when u got sick and lost 5pounds??? can't that count something???

JVick said...

I am seriously sitting at my desk by myself and laughing out loud with noone else in hearing distance- thank goodness. I love the random topics you blog about and thank u for not hiding anything- your so FUNNY!!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .