link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Anniversary Night (Safe For Work) | Priester Photography

Anniversary Night (Safe For Work)

As you all know, I am not someone who watches television very often.

So it may come as a surprise to you that we actually have one in our bedroom.
 I did NOT like the idea and fought it for 10 years, but then I felt bad because Matt wanted one so badly so I saved up the money and surprised him with a smallish, wall-mounted flat screen.

He loves it.

I ignore it.
 With all of that in mind, Friday night was our 16th wedding anniversary.

We aren't big celebrators...sometimes we go shopping and each buy something we've been wanting, sometimes we go out to eat...it just depends on the day, but we don't make a big deal out of it.
 This particular anniversary we were invited to go to a winery with some friends.

So we did.

We had cheesecake (and chocolate cake, of course), Matt had wine, and I had an Amaretto Sour.
 We were home by 8:00.

I know, we're party animals.
 Matt went to bed before I did (as usual) and when I eventually climbed into bed he was finishing up a movie.

I took the remote.

This is highly abnormal, as evidenced by the fact that Matt then had to take it back several times to show me which buttons to push to get to HGTV for a show about real estate and then eventually to Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, but I was feeling adventurous. 
 He leaned back into his pillow and I snuggled in under his chin and promptly fell asleep while the guy with the white spiked hair, dark tan and backwards glasses talked about spices.
 It was about 2:00 in the morning when I awoke with a start to a noise that I wasn't used to hearing.
 The TV was still on.

What?

We fell asleep with the TV on.

In bed.

On our anniversary.

This all came to me in the split second that I sat up bolt right in bed while Matt was passed out beside me and the only thought that came to my mind in its half asleep state was...
"Oh. Good.  Heavens".

"We are so old".

And then I plopped back into my pillows and went back to sleep.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Berry Baby".

4 comments:

Stephanie Lynn said...

My husband also wants a tv in the bedroom. Thankfully, the only cable jack in our apartment is in the living room so I automatically win that argument.

B said...

Not fair. I should have thought of that!

Also, you should know that you are the only person that doesn't know me personally (that I know of) who comments on my blog.

Hooray for you! You should win something.

Stephanie Lynn said...

I forget how I stumbled upon your blog but I love your stories and you are a GREAT storyteller. :)

WSMIL said...

It doesn't say old to me it says, happy and comfortable with each other. As opposed to putting on an act and both of you are miserable. Here is to another happy 16 years:)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .