link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> The Way We Were... | Priester Photography

The Way We Were...

I've decided that from now on, when I blog school sports pictures I'm going to include snippets from my yearbook from that year.
In order to make it more interesting (and avoid embarrassing anyone) I'm only going to include the first name of the signers. 
 If you have an unusual name, I don't know what to tell you.  You should be accustomed to a life without anonymity.
If you want to know if one of the autographs came from your own hand or if you have an unquenchable desire to know who's hand it was from, send me a message. 

I might tell you. 
 These are from 6th and 7th grade...1990 and 1991.
These are word for word and the italics will be mine.
 
 "Brandi, Hi chic! Hope you have a great summer meeting boys. (Keep Matt)"-Ann
 Good advice!  Thanks Ann!
"Hi Brandi, What's happenin'?  Not much here!  Don't you feel priveleged having an 8th grader signing your yearbook?"-Tracy
 I probably would have felt more priveledged if my mom would've bought me the Guess sweatshirt I wanted.
 "Party on dude! Get a life, just kidding."-Brian
 I am not a dude.  I did not "party on", but I did "get a life".  I think.
 "Brandi, you are a girl who has lots of patients. SR 96"-Tiffany
 You should tell my kids that.
 "To a friend"-Rick
 Nice and to the point but it lacks substance.
 "Hang in there Brandi"-Keith
 I'm trying Keith, I'm really trying.
 "Brandi, you are a cool friend with a great mind:"-Diana
 She was obviously not in Math class with me.
 "-Brandi- You're a wonderful friend.  You are also very pretty. I hope you'll always be my best friend. Love Kirsten"
 Awwww.  Sweetness.  And sorry Kirsten but everyone knows who you are. 
 "Brandi, Stay the way you are."-Amy
 You have no idea how badly I wish my body would've stayed the way it was but I ignored your simple request and just look at where it's gotten me.
 "Brandi, Have enjoyed having you in class and seeing you grow up this year.  Love your haircut." Beverly
 If you had seen my haircut you would now be doubting her abilities as a teacher--coincidentally she is also the one who tried to brush my hair with a fork.
 "Brandi, guess what? 93's dead and gone, 94 will rock you on, 95 thinks their cool, but 96 will always rule.  Isn't that nice to know?"-Aimee
 That is nice to know.  Thank you for sharing your poetry with us.
 "Brandi, I'm glad we are friends.  Your really sweet"-Rick
 Much better Rick!  It took you a whole year but you finally came up with some meat!
 "Brandi, Yo what's up?  Hope your pants ha!ha! Hope you have an awesome summer."-Wendy
 Indeed my pants did stay up...thanks for the concern. 
 Those are the ones that stood out...the rest are in the line of the traditional, "Have fun over the summer!" autographs. 
 Though many of them also added "Good luck with Matt".
 At first I thought, "How sweet, they wanted Matt and I to be together". 
 But then I realized the full import of their meaning...
 They didn't mean, "Good luck together",
 they meant "Good luck" period.
 Thanks guys for the warning.

I think I've finally got him under control.
 And it apparently only took me 20 years.
B

You can see the rest of 7th and 8th grade basketball here under "Middle School Basketball".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love reading through these signs Brandi - I have searched high and low for my old yearbooks but to no avail - my mom has them somewhere but moving several times, packing and repacking, and just not having space for some things I just cannot find them - BUT I do remember some of the things that people had written in my yearbooks. It is also wonderful to see that you and Matt are still together and still happy. Not many school year relationships last to marriage. You guys are truly blessed. Shannon Lee

Mark Berry said...

Ann yount
Tracy Michaels?
Brian stephens?
Tiffany (can't remember her last name at all for some reason, but very pretty girl)
Rick Pirtle
Keith White
Diana Francis
Curstain rousch (that's how i spelled her name when i dated her in fifth grade)
Amy Miller
Beverly Sikes (an angel)
Aimee Bible
Rick Pirtle again (he so had a crush on you)
Wendy McDaniel

B said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it Shannon...there's more coming.

Mark:
Yes
No
Yes
Stockwell
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
and Yes.

Very good. But why don't I have your autograph anywhere!?

Mark Berry said...

dang, i was close. I just missed whoever Tracy was, i couldn't think of any other Tracys. my autograph probably isn't in there because you probably didn't ask for it, lol. isn't that how it works? i don't remember signing too many yearbooks so don't feel bad!

Mark Berry said...

Also, very nice pictures on here. great job!

WSMIL said...

I'm glad my yearbooks went to the recyclers this winter, but I'm REALLY glad that yours didn't. Laughed until I cried, thanks!

PS: love the warrior basketball pics, goes perfectly with my current mood, MARCH MADNESS!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .