link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Negative Negativity | Priester Photography

Negative Negativity

I have become a negative person.
I'm not sure how it happened.

Maybe owning a business?

The aging process?
Bad association? (You know who you are.)

Economic stress?
I'm not sure.

Maybe it's all of the above.

Regardless, it sort of snuck up on me and I'm sick of it.
I used to have fun taking pictures and being goofy and trying insane things and getting odd looks from my clients.

The absence of those things is not fun for me and a disservice to you.
In acknowledgement of that, Priester Photography (erhm, me) has new rules (except, as you know, I don't like rules, so we're calling them "suggestions").
Consider it a reverting back to my old ways.

The "suggestions" are as follows:
--I will be communicating with you a LOT more.

I have questions.

You will answer them.

And then I will take your picture.

(That was not supposed to sound forceful or demanding, but it rather does get the point across doesn't it?)
--You must trust that I know what I'm doing.

This may be a problem because I oftentimes act like I don't know what I'm doing.

I actually do know what I'm doing (most of the time) and there are reasons that I stall, stammer and gaze into the sky or my camera with a puzzled look on my face while I'm shooting.
I can't tell you the reasons because that would make the reason void.

Just trust me.

(I slept in a Holiday Inn last night.)
--I am open to your suggestions.

Technically, I always have been, but now I want you more involved in your own photo shoot.
Which is where the "more communication" from above comes in.

What are you envisioning from these pictures?

Do you want to look serene/happy/in love/somber?
Do you like the outdoors/barns/fields or more urban surroundings like alleyways/streets/buildings?

Or all of the above?

It is perfectly acceptable to want all of the above.

It is also perfectly acceptable if you don't have an idea of what you want...but when we communicate I will already know that.
--You must trust my judgment.

(This is similar to "You must trust that I know what I'm doing", but different.)


If I tell you to clap your hands, clap your hands.

If I tell you to jump, jump.

If I tell you to put your leg around your side and cross your arms and tilt your head and you feel not unlike a pretzel and it's uncomfortable and/or you can't physically do what I'm asking, don't do it.  But tell me that so I don't keep you in that position and cause possible damage to your muscles and/or bones.

If I tell you to scrunch up your face and stick out your tongue, scrunch up your face and stick out your tongue.

I am not judging you.

I will not post goofy pictures on the interwebs (unless I have permission from a good sport).

I will make you look marvelous.

I promise.

Thank you to all of my clients who have trusted me, my repeat clients who continue to make me feel worthy of running this business, and any future clients who will still book a session after reading this blog.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Tripp Family."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing your work I will have no problem doing what you ask!

Anonymous said...

We know you make us look great! So when you say jump we will be happy to jump:)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .