link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Double Chins and Tennis Balls | Priester Photography

Double Chins and Tennis Balls


Matt and I were laying in bed last night watching TV (because I was torn away from work due to a thunderstorm).
 I was propped up against the headboard but I had slid down quite far on the bed which was pushing my chin into my chest.
 I hope you can visualize that.
 I was suddenly supremely uncomfortable so I made great efforts of pushing myself up straighter while mumbling, "Good lord, that is not a comfortable position.  When my double chin gets pushed into my chest I can't breath."
 Matt glances at me from the corner of his eyes where he lay in a very similar situation and says in deadpan, "That is so sexy."
 And then we both laughed hysterically.
 After I punched him in the throat.

Of course.
 A few minutes later I realized that he was asleep (or possibly unconscious from lack of oxygen to his brain due to double chin-itis).
 Suddenly his whole body jumped and his arm flailed out.
 That set off a chain reaction of me jumping and gasping followed by him looking up at me with sleepy eyes and saying "What?"
 I laughed and said, "You jumped."
 He said, "Oh."
 I said, "You flung your arm out."
 He said, "Well that's what happens when balls come flying at your head."
  The bed shook with my laughter and then he mumbled, "Tennis balls."
 "Lots of tennis balls."
 And then he rolled onto his side and fell back asleep.
 And I continued to laugh uncontrollably.
And when I asked him this morning why someone was throwing tennis balls at his head he merely looked at me with a confused expression on his face.

And then, as the memory came flooding back to him he looked up in a dreamy, confused sort of way and said, "There were so many tennis balls."

And I laughed some more.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Flaherty/Mooney Family."


2 comments:

WSMIL said...

I love these stories the best, they make me think of his father:)

Tammym said...

I'm fairly certain that this baby should be in the movies :)

And,your blog made me think about this quote from one of my all time FAVORITE movies ;)

Amber: "my plastic surgeon doesn't want me doing anything that requires balls flying at my nose"
Dionne: "Well, there goes your social life."

...while standing in line to play TENNIS. I know how weird I am, no need to say it :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .